The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

I get them picking Derrick white because he’s used to less usage and the connector role, but Jb has the right to be annoyed. I’m sure he can excel in a role player build if that’s what was needed.
He's a like for like replacement for Kawhi on the two-way side and that squad has ZERO lack for offense/scoring so I legit don't understand any non-political argument against him :lol:

Older guys wanted to play again

Steph wants a gold medal

Joel found his inner patriot

So spots were limited

It is what it is.

Don't really think Brown was snubbed in anyway.

There were rumors about who they were bringing back in for a while

When the team was announced I didn't here much objection to Brown being left off.

People are just doing this thing were Brown being finals MVP now makes stuff that happens before the chip be unfair to him

I don’t like the subliminals. Say it with ya chest JB :pimp:
Ya'll want team USA to look like your Fantasy team. Nah, need some guys to play defense and sit in the corner to hit 3s.
Jaylen’s size gives him additional defensive versatility, and offensively he spends a decent amount of his time watching Tatum go to work, so he knows how to play off the ball.

I would argue that if you’re having to choose between D White & JB, you probably made an error elsewhere on the team.

That error is Book/Haliburton, and obviously Kawhi

I personally don’t think it’s some crazy omission.

But… he’s a flat out better player than both Haliburton and White, he’s a better defender than Book, and Kawhi legit missed the playoffs because of this injury and now is missing this. Easily could’ve just not included him in the first place.

I think this Jaylen Brown stuff is just for y'all sassy boys that want drama and wanna talk ******** conspiracies about why this happened or why that didn't happen. Like the world is out for this guy after he got Finals MVP and signed a $300 million extension. Give me a ******* break.

The exact moment Grant Hill decided he wanted no part of Jaylen Brown representing the USA....

2024-state-farm-all-star-saturday-night.jpg

He needs to make Tatum come off the bench all Olympics because of that jacket too.

Jaylen can’t even use his left… we don’t need any of his errant dribbles knocking over folks beers/popcorn…

J/k.

First he complained about not getting awards, now this. You have a title and bread, man just enjoy it. Dude is to emotional. Ain’t nobody trying to deal with that

USA Team is straight politics. Its not all NBA or All-star. Media members or fans don't choose. From anecdotes Ive heard from former players and what ive read, Nike has USA Basketball basically prefer you've been in their system for awhile. For example those guys on the select team like Amen will get a nod before Jalen Green for example.

I did say months ago that White would be the perfect guy for the end of the bench on this team though :lol:

He’s an awesome defender, good C&S guy, and isn’t gonna care about minutes or touches.

After like the first 7-8 guys, you really just need dudes that can excel in specialized roles.

I don’t like the subliminals. Say it with ya chest JB :pimp:

Jaylen’s size gives him additional defensive versatility, and offensively he spends a decent amount of his time watching Tatum go to work, so he knows how to play off the ball.

I would argue that if you’re having to choose between D White & JB, you probably made an error elsewhere on the team.

That error is Book/Haliburton, and obviously Kawhi
Jaylen was great defensively this last playoffs. He's at 18 FGA/game and is #17 in shots/game for NBA though, JB consistently trying to get his looks.

JB > White in general, just talking about fit on this roster I like Derrick White better

Back
Top Bottom