The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

There’s a couple reasons Kobe came off the bench his first 2 seasons and it’s not because he was some some sort of underdog :lol:
Like the reply said, this narrative that Kobe was a "out the mud" player that wasn't EXTREMELY gifted and WORKED for everything is just wild as hell.

Bronze was gifted. Kobe wasn't.

Kobe worked for it all, which indirectly implies Bronze didn't.

Go somewhere with that nonsense.

1720711839529.png
this is nasty work

Nah.

He wasn't on Prime Jordan's level. Absolutely not.

But that would be like calling Prime Pamela Anderson flat chested just because she is standing next to Persephanii.

What span are we calling MJ's at his prime athletically? Because I'm not old enough to have watched him in the 80's, which I'd assume was his athletic prime based on footage I've watched.

By the 90's he seemed to have been in his prime basketball wise.

Lebron was 6'8 250 could run like a deer and have his head on the rim. Jordan came in jumping out the gym and blowing past guys and dunking on they heads. Kobe was a bench player that had to get in the weight room. by 99-00 though he was ready. Once again nobody is saying Kob wasn't athletic. His body control and coordination made him appear more athletic than he was though. He never had a impressive vertical

These guys missing this point is wild. He wasn’t faster, stronger. bigger. in the NBA. In H.S he was. He couldn’t palm the ball like Jordan. His dunk championship at 18 was okay no Vince Carter type stuff, He worked himself into the player he became which everyone on video has said.

Jumping ability isn't the end all be all of athletic ability though :lol:
I agree. Kobe wasnt as fast as mike, or has quick or as strong. Mike was a freak athlete out of the south. His brother could do all the dunks he could and was only 5'8. He just a different type of athlete. 99% fast twitch muscles.

What span are we calling MJ's at his prime athletically? Because I'm not old enough to have watched him in the 80's, which I'd assume was his athletic prime based on footage I've watched.

By the 90's he seemed to have been in his prime basketball wise.

Yea I was saying Athletically Prime Jordan was easily a better athlete than Athletically Prime Kobe.

For Jordan, we can go from his Rookie year up until Bulls vs. Blazers.

Basketball wise, when he came back from the Baseballs he then became the Supreme Basketball MASTER.

These guys missing this point is wild. He wasn’t faster, stronger. bigger. in the NBA. In H.S he was. He couldn’t palm the ball like Jordan. His dunk championship at 18 was okay no Vince Carter type stuff, He worked himself into the player he became which everyone on video has said.

Again, the POINT became nonsense when Kobe was presented as being someone that worked for everything UNLIKE LeBronze which was someone that was God given everything. Including LeBronze made the overall point nonsense.

NOBODY disagrees that Kobe wasn't as athletic as Bron.

But don't sit here and talk about his career progression as if he was Jimmy Butler or something.

So now elite running and jumping doesn't transfer to the NBA from previous levels. Got you. Even though that was one of the main reasons he was taken OUT of HS. Ok.

His dunk contest championship was a dunk contest championship for the TIME. He entered and he WON in 1997.

He was an ELITE athlete during THAT point in time.

There is no way yall are being serious.

Yesterday we was told having 2 ASG appearances in a ROW doesn't move you.out of Role Player status and now winning a dunk contest becomes invalidated because someone that came along 3 years later had an out of this world performance.

Not serious. Can't be.

Again, the POINT became nonsense when Kobe was presented as being someone that worked for everything UNLIKE LeBronze which was someone that was God given everything. Including LeBronze made the overall point nonsense.

But don't sit here and talk about his career progression as if he was Jimmy Butler or something.
Even this still downplays the fact that Kobe himself hit the genetic lottery and is in the upper echelon of athletes to ever play.

Dumb football guy made 2 stupid points/insinuations in his comment :lol:

You obviously dont like Kobe lmaoo. Nobody is saying Bron and MJ didn't work hard. But Kobe didn't have the same gifts and still ended up the GOAT in some ppls eyes. He was an elite athlete but wasn't a freak. Like i said before, Kobe was never the most athletic in the league yet he passed up his peers despite less physical gifts. That's all.

Even this still downplays the fact that Kobe himself hit the genetic lottery and is in the upper echelon of athletes to ever play.

Dumb football guy made 2 stupid points/insinuations in his comment :lol:
news flash. All NBA players hit the genetic lottery. We are splitting hairs here separating the freaks from the freaks basically.

JMB10215 JMB10215

Was that what we were discussing or were we saying that keon cole’s comment doesn’t make sense because he was still an elite athlete?
Keons comment was directly talking about why he would pick kobe over MJ or Bron. Which is why he brought them up. When you ask a young person they GOAT. They are usually debating between these 3 guys. Right or wrong.

You obviously dont like Kobe lmaoo. Nobody is saying Bron and MJ didn't work hard. But Kobe didn't have the same gifts and still ended up the GOAT in some ppls eyes. He was an elite athlete but wasn't a freak. Like i said before, Kobe was never the most athletic in the league yet he passed up his peers despite less physical gifts. That's all.

Yea I don't like Kobe but I am constantly bumping the RIP Kobe thread out of pure hatred.

Just because someone doesn't glamorize stupid #MambaBlood and #MambaMentality doesn't mean they hate him. (I honestly blame OTHERS for that, not Kobe himself)

But I just think you've had a hard time following the ACTUAL conversation.

We can dead it though. It's time to focus on Vegas.

For the record, not a single sole here disagrees with anything said HERE.

But that wasn't how the initial quote was presented.

Not sure why you keep missing that.

What YOU said above isn't what Keons said.

Young Kobe was one of the best athletes in the league outside of the freakish athletes like Vince Carter.

The highlights are on YouTube, he used to do some freakish **** sometimes.

If people sample of watching Kobe is his later years, then I get why they might not think that.

When the Kobe v. Bron rivalry was at its peak, Bron was near his athletic peak and Kobe had already lost a bit of his.

Young Kobe was one of the best athletes in the league outside of the freakish athletes like Vince Carter.

The highlights are on YouTube, he used to do some freakish **** sometimes.

If people sample of watching Kobe is his later years, then I get why they might not think that.

When the Kobe v. Bron rivalry was at its peak, Bron was near his athletic peak and Kobe had already lost a bit of his.
Kobe was never as athletic as Lebron James. No year no season. Kobe was never the most athletic in the league. Ant Man is more athletic than number 8 kobe. Ant doesn't have the body control or dexterity Kobe had, but he's more raw athletic. Im just talking pure athleticism. Yes Kobe was one of the best athletes in the league at one point. All these things can be true. When we think Kobe we think footwork and tough shot making. Not Air Kobe.

Back
Top Bottom