The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

Kobe & Tmac were the same level of athlete. Which means a freak athlete. They used to call this ***** the slam dunk giant :lol:.

My ***** JMB10215 JMB10215 , NOBODY is an athlete on the level of LeBron James :lol:. He’s 1 of 1 in that regard. Like .01%. Mike too, to an extent.

But Kobe in him prime, was considered the prototype, realistic high flying wing SG (after MJ). I wasn’t even a Kobe fan, and I remember vividly how much of a freak athlete dude was. Kobe was the same type of athlete as Ant. I’d argue even better, because he’s more fluid.

Young Ray Allen is an example of a “good athlete” at the SG position. Kobe & Tmac were considered freak athletes, and a cut above.

Kobe truly was a slightly worse MJ at everything (including athleticism). And that’s better than like all but 5-10 players to play the game.
I respect the take. Im just saying what Keon said is something that has been said about Kobe a lot. Its not like I made this up. Even Kobe himself said he wanted to be known as a overachiever because he didnt have hops like Nique or huge hands like Jordan, or built like Bron. He used up what he had though. I think Wade was more athletic than Kobe. But Kobe is not even my goat or close to it so im not even trippin no more fam

It's in Northern LA County, but no one would ever say Palmdale is part of LA.

It's like 75 miles north of the most northern part of the city of LA
Got you.

1. But people from there that go to school on the East Coast would probably claim they are from LA right?

2. Also, can you claim LA if you are from LA county?

1. Yes.
2. Also yes. LA has a ton of unincorporated parts and incorporated smaller cities (Inglewood, Santa Monica, etc.) . I grew up in Ladera Heights which is in the middle of LA County , but also not a part of the City Los Angeles in any way.

Got you.

1. But people from there that go to school on the East Coast would probably claim they are from LA right?

2. Also, can you claim LA if you are from LA county?
Many people in LA county don't even claim LA. Long Beach is in LA county but they don't claim LA like that.

I thought LA area dudes stuck together.

I get a lot of entertainment from Gil's show, but those are some hatin-*** mother ****ers sometimes, and they make some horrendous arguments too. A huge part of this discussion was how BJ was incensed by the audacity of PG asking for anything over what he was offered or that he would ask for or expect any more than Kawai. These guys were all professional athletes and none of them understand that it's a negotiation and that there is leverage on both sides? It does get pretty infuriating watching them at times.

Brandon Jennings a pill head

High School legend but him and Nick Young both got similar ways. I see why they’re friends

Yea, I asked this before if dude had "habits."

The way he moves, speaks, always fidgeting, never looking people in the eyes. (He ALWAYS looks at the ground when he debates_

So yea, I believe it. Dude looks burnt out.

Kobe & Tmac were the same level of athlete. Which means a freak athlete. They used to call this ***** the slam dunk giant :lol:.

My ***** JMB10215 JMB10215 , NOBODY is an athlete on the level of LeBron James :lol:. He’s 1 of 1 in that regard. Like .01%. Mike too, to an extent.

But Kobe in him prime, was considered the prototype, realistic high flying wing SG (after MJ). I wasn’t even a Kobe fan, and I remember vividly how much of a freak athlete dude was. Kobe was the same type of athlete as Ant. I’d argue even better, because he’s more fluid.

Young Ray Allen is an example of a “good athlete” at the SG position. Kobe & Tmac were considered freak athletes, and a cut above.

Kobe truly was a slightly worse MJ at everything (including athleticism). And that’s better than like all but 5-10 players to play the game.
In college we used to smoke and hop on YT and go down rabbit holes of late 90s early 00s sports stuff and this was definitely one of the videos that came up :lol:

Back
Top Bottom