The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

GSZXgUoXEAAccVp

It’s a dam shame Jeanie put up that banner.

Kobe years ago strictly stated the the Lakers don’t put up conference and division title banners and there is only one banner Dr Buss and Lakers organization put up in the rafters.

What a dam shame. That Laker mystique is gone
Media has insinuated the league requested/told the Lakers to put up the banner to make the tourney look important.

I always wondered what would happen if a star player took a massive discount because they’ll already be making hundreds of millions of dollars. Pretty funny seeing the reaction to it actually happening

Im not here to count pockets and you should always try to get top dollar in any facet of life, but that being said if say youre Bron who has multiple generational wealth and a ton of endorsements and you want to really win and have passion for the game well then damn a pay cut (not Brons little mil paycut he took) “shoudnt” be a huge deal. Thats if you really care and want to win. I know its hard anyways with the current CBA and that but still for the sake of argument.

That being said (again) Brunson is super wylin with what he did. :lol: Aint like he been in the league getting paper for a min or have huge endorsements like other players.

Media has insinuated the league requested/told the Lakers to put up the banner to make the tourney look important.
My first time hearing that, but it makes perfect sense and definitely seems something firmly within Commissioner Silver’s bag.

Brandon Miller is nice. Danny Granger 2.0

If Lamelo stays healthy that should be a play-in team with the Ball - Miller - Williams young core

Bronny cant dribble in traffic, make open 3’s . You need both to make it in the league at 6’2.
Lu Dort cant dribble in traffic. Or otherwise for that matter, does make slightly above league average from 3 and is an all nba level defender though. i thought Bron could emulate him as a floor, although you could still argue being son of a GOAT that is a failure

Back
Top Bottom