The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

The last Nets game I went to Ben Simmons shot the ball, missed badly, and all you heard was laughter. Thousands of people laughing at you while you’re in theory trying your best has to be a struggle to deal with.

Being a 0.00001%er of your craft yet still being a laughingstock has to be hard to square In his head.

From Philly…. To NYC? That’s not much of a change in scenery. He thought Philly was tough, NYC was going to be just as brutal.

What made you think that? He went from one of the toughest cities, to another city that basically has the same type of pressure :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He’s mentally weak and can’t shoot. I don’t understand how anyone had blind faith in this dude :lol:

This is pretty much it, IMO.

The backlash from that Hawks series + the public criticism + the lack of support from your head coach on a national level,+ coupled with his refusal to work on his game was the recipe for disaster for Ben Simmons.

I know hindsight is 20/20, but shtt....this all makes sense now. He was a ticking time bomb.

The last Nets game I went to Ben Simmons shot the ball, missed badly, and all you heard was laughter. Thousands of people laughing at you while you’re in theory trying your best has to be a struggle to deal with.

Being a 0.00001%er of your craft yet still being a laughingstock has to be hard to square In his head.
seen a lot of guys treated like that. they were fine and didn't die.

In the words of one Dragon Fly Jones….. he should be working on his ART!!!!

Dude clearly isn’t putting in the work. I understand not wanting to shoot 3s. But he can’t even make gimmes or shoot the middy. Dude is not working on his craft.

Not to mention, he’s really right handed, trying it shoot lefty.

I'm going to the game on Saturday vs. Knicks. I'm pulling for the guy, I really am. It's tough seeing someone struggle the way he is.

It’s crazy how easy he makes the game look at times. Seems like he gets to all his spots effortlessly.
Yep. Also feel like he’s added some stuff this year.

Will mix in a jump hook or a floater, which I don’t recall seeing before this season or at least not with same regularity.

His response to pressure seems to be to run and hide, and that worked for a while.
but at some point you run out of places to hide.
My brother was in the hallway after the game here in Dallas. Said Ben looked like he put in a 15 hour shift in the coal mines and was relieved to be done with the game.

He played 15 minutes.

Ben opens up about his mental health and gets told he’s just using it as an excuse. Same with PG. We have to do better.

So, how do you explain his demeanor whenever he’s in street clothes, court side laughing and giggling, and hyping up his teammates? It’s all good, as long as he isn’t on the court?

Dude’s attitude is a night and day difference, when he’s not playing. As a spectator, he’s a completely different person. He’s full of crap

So, how do you explain his demeanor when he’s court side laughing and giggling, and hyping up his teammates? It’s all good, as long as he isn’t on the court?

Dude’s attitude is a night and day difference, when he’s not playing. As a spectator, he’s a completely different person. He’s full of crap

If this is true, it sounds like performance anxiety. Which would explain a lot.

What JV did last night after the game in a interview with rolling his eyes when asked about bens knee soreness was and is WAAAAAY worse than what Doc said about not knowing if Ben can be a starting PG on a championship team

i think its time to revisit that and say what doc said was blown waaaay out of proportion

I think Ben Simmons likes playing basketball.
but is deathly afraid of looking bad in public.

I remember Draftexpress calling this out at Adidas nations I think,
He said something like Ben doesn't like to look bad in public so he phones in pre game warm shooting drills.

better to look like your not really trying and fail. that way you have an excuse
now it's degenerated into "better to not try at all"
This is pretty much how I feel too

So, how do you explain his demeanor whenever he’s in street clothes, court side laughing and giggling, and hyping up his teammates? It’s all good, as long as he isn’t on the court?

Well yeah… one is a stressful environment and one isnt. Guy is going out there and facing his fear of mockery every time he plays. Idk if Im cool just saying that he’s making it up

Russ tries. He’s been a solid shooter some years. just not a good shooter overall.

What Ben has done is completely different
Russ is hardly hurt. He’s a walking triple double as well as bone head plays. But he goes out there with BDE and going to try on the court.

Nets should’ve just shopped Harden for picks. And left Simmons on the Sixers.

Russ equals the tin man. Ben equals the cowardly lion.

Dude was ROY, All Star, and All D team. He came in pretty good. Most dudes get better. Some stay the same. Son just regressed tremendously. Almost inexplicably. Its def not injury related. What else could it be?

We saw the signs at LSU. He's a quitter. Once he got to the league he got by on being 6'10, fast and he is a real passer. We saw the zero point game against the nets years ago. A couple years go by he never improved, people kept making excuses for him because he was still young then after that Atlanta series he couldn't hide anymore. Now his confidence is done. He got exposed.

Everybody can't handle pressure and it's obvious he likes the lifestyle more than the game. To me Ben was never that good anyway. Folks wanted him to be LeBron, he was always closer to Lamar Odom. I said from day 1 BI would be better because BI was highly skilled offensively in college. Ben showed NOTHING as a scorer other than being big.

Back
Top Bottom