The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

What JV did last night after the game in a interview with rolling his eyes when asked about bens knee soreness was and is WAAAAAY worse than what Doc said about Ben not being a starting PG on a championship team

i think its time to revisit that and say what doc said was blown waaaay out of proportion

Whatever the precise underpinnings are, seems like we’re all in agreement Ben‘s problems are psychological and deep and a lot more complicated than him just needing to work on his game.

I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t see things changing for him any time soon. Seems like he needs to be rebuilt from the ground up, but I don’t think that can’t happen while he’s under the his huge max contract.

Y’all know Ben was PISSED When KD got hurt. Because he knew he would be called upon, to player a bigger offensive role. Dude is a classic ducker.

KD’s been out two weeks, Ben knew he’d have to step up on offense and he’s been ducking and dodging. Two zero point games, only two double figure games since Durant’s been gone.

Who’s he fooling?

On a high level, I understand what you're saying. But can someone please explain to me how this is contributing to a lockout? How would this be address in CBA talks with the NBAPA and owners?
I don’t want to hear anything about the players having too much power when ownership would sign off on a rotation player bringing back 2 firsts. Especially after that Gobert heist. It works both ways.

I don’t want to hear anything about the players having too much power when ownership would sign off on a rotation player bringing back 2 firsts. Especially after that Gobert heist. It works both ways.

Sorry, I don't follow. How does this contribute to a lockout? Not being facetious here. I didn't understand (still don't) your point earlier.

Not getting Gobert, Dejonte Murray returns should not stop the Raptors.

it's over. just trade everyone. Siakiam and FVV next contracts will almost certainly be bad contracts by the end.

we don't have a star, there is not path to get one. we need to rebuild.

it's over.

Screenshot 2023-01-27 112956.png

+ Both Picks

it's over. just trade everyone. Siakiam and FVV next contracts will almost certainly be bad contracts by the end.

it's over.

I can understand the statement about FVV, but what makes you say Siakim will be a bad contract? He's relatively young. I come in peace.

it's over.
Them holding onto guys they weren't willing to re-sign/overpay is partially why they are in the position they are in now. Can't keep letting core pieces leave for nothing besides Lowry.

it's over.
Way too over reactionary, Fred for assets is a good start for a retool.

Ben could shoot 5000 jump shots a day and love basketball - he’s still not becoming a better shooter. This is clearly mental with him.

He’s been shooting with the wrong hand his whole life which in turn has made him worse but most of all, more afraid.

He’s out here shooting 13 foot jump hooks with the wrong (actually right) hand. That’s all he’s comfortable shooting. He so scrambled in his head, practice could just make it worse.

Add all this up with he’s a laughingstock, makes Ben truly gone. One of the most unique “shooting” cases in NBA history (along with Markell Fultz).

I wouldn’t mind a John collins trade but would rather wait till the summer. I’m all for it if we don’t land wemby.

Back
Top Bottom