The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

I was speaking from the perspective of the locker room. Everyone knew that Embiid thought lowly of him, so I thought that Kyrie and Durant would try to counter that and provide a supportive atmosphere and make him feel comfortable. But evidently that didn't matter. It had nothing to do with faith, I just know what his potential is and I thought that he would turn it around. As you said though, he plays uninspired.

I remember one scout pointed out that he lacked work ethic and I guess this proves it. A combination of fear and a mundane effort.
his attitude is more like, I'm just here to play basketball and get paid. it didn't matter how I played it.

I've always thought Ben Simmons was pretty overrated.
he's the only prospect I've seen get worse at shooting from ages 16 to 20

but something wrong with that dude, i don't think working harder gunna fix it.
he needs therapy or something.
he doesn't need therapy. he needs a new career out of basketball. guy don't have any fire in him playing.

An NBA team drafted a player #1 overall knowing he was scared to shoot. So you’d assume he was elite in his other abilities. Kinda funny when you think about it.
my thoughts why I wasn't impressed by him. atleast, Yawnist worked on his game being drafted at #15.

I always compare eras. In retrospect even looking at him at LSU or in High School. Dude wasn’t some can’t miss guy.
I remember watching LSU games like this is the #1 overall pick?? I believe they missed the tournament as well too.

Let's no re-write history. There was a reason he won ROY and signed a massive extension.

yeah.

Ben Simmons: gotta play my best to show these dudes how much I'm potentially worth and collect my retirement money.

end of "2nd year rookie season".

Ben Simmons: Mission Accomplished. now I got that Max Extension and can now relax and play COD til the day I die.

Last edited:
The frustrating thing with Ben is, he simply REFUSED to work on his game. And everybody on his teams/organization has CODDLED him and excuses it because of simply his stature as a player/prospect.

Never mind him being scared to shoot. The fact that teams reinforced his idea that he didn’t NEED to shoot or even work on it or show progress, to help his organization was already a telling sign.

It’s like a clearly overweight star, convincing everybody that he does not need to get in shape to be better for his team, because he can set screens or something. And the entire organization agreeing with it, and treating him with kid gloves :lol:

It’s insane
are you all talking about me?

Attachments

• westbrook.gif
    westbrook.gif
    2.5 MB · Views: 433
I think Ben Simmons likes playing basketball.
but is deathly afraid of looking bad in public.

I remember Draftexpress calling this out at Adidas nations I think,
He said something like Ben doesn't like to look bad in public so he phones in pre game warm shooting drills.

better to look like your not really trying and fail. that way you have an excuse
now it's degenerated into "better to not try at all"

He said something like Ben doesn't like to look bad in public so he phones in pre game warm shooting drills.

better to look like your not really trying and fail. that way you have an excuse

Did you see the airball he’s not last night? He looks bad trying not to look bad

Who’s situation is worse? Ben stealing money and a roster spot, or Udonis stealing money and a roster spot?

The most egregious thing though, was Ben trying to use mental health, to recoup all the money he was being fined for, by Philly. Shameful man.

“I’m scared of the crowd, I’m not physically hurt, I’m not going to show up, but I still want to get paid”

for a guy gifted with certain basketball skills, him being afraid to look bad makes it he made a wrong career choice. he should have been went into politics.

even people that are ungifted in basketball are not afraid to look bad playing the game.

Who’s situation is worse? Ben stealing money and a roster spot, or Udonis stealing money and a roster spot?

The most egregious thing though, was Ben trying to use mental health, to recoup all the money he was being fined for, by Philly. Shameful man.

“I’m scared of the crowd, I’m not physically hurt, I’m not going to show up, but I still want to get paid”
:angry::angry::angry:

My thoughts as well

Back
Top Bottom