The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

Wolves should roll with the team they got this year next year as well. Add a 2/3 off the bench to replace Rivers/Nowell. They’ll stay under the luxury tax for 23-24.

Go into 2024-25 as luxury tax team. Then in 2025 off-season year tear it all down. Rudy last year of his deal. Move off DLo, move off KAT and build around Ant and Jaden.

It is the Most logical move.

since 11/13 DLo is .488/.412/.885 19.2/6.4
since 11/13 Ant is .466/.385/.791. 25.9/6.3/4.8

Team has had 2 horrible streaks lost 6 of 7 in the beginning of November and 5 straight in the last 10 days of 2022. 12-5 in 2023.
I agree with this approach, you almost have to, especially considering ANT's ascension, if he continues on this trajectory it won't really matter who they have around him :lol:

It's clear the 2 bigs approach does not work with these two. I think they intended to trade KAT (next year) before he got injured Now you have to keep him until he's healthy enough before you trade him.. it's looking like KAT might not get back until playoff time, if that.

My question to you is what do they do with Dlo? If he keeps playing like this you have to retain him, but at what cost?

I agree with this approach, you almost have to, especially considering ANT's ascension, if he continues on this trajectory it won't really matter who they have around him :lol:

It's clear the 2 bigs approach does not work with these two. I think they intended to trade KAT (next year) before he got injured Now you have to keep him until he's healthy enough before you trade him.. it's looking like KAT might not get back until playoff time, if that.

My question to you is what do they do with Dlo? If he keeps playing like this you have to retain him, but at what cost?

No idea if the 2 big approach works or doesn’t.
I’d lean toward it does to some extent. There isn’t a huge sample size, and the whole team came out flat to start the season. Also there’s a ton of staggering that could be done. And it’s too much talent to not be better than average.

I’m a DLo guy. But I think he fits well with Ant. Because he’s a combo guard. The plan is for Ant to become a distributor in the future. Which would mean a traditional PG is a horrendous idea. Need someone who can score and can shoulder some of the distribution. Is DLo the best guy for it? Probably not. But the list of who you could put at PG next to Ant and do what’s needed offensively isn’t long.
As for what could they do? DLo kind of has them hostage. He’s played too well to trade him because of the available PGs outside of FVV it’s a downgrade this season and long term. And DLo has played too well for them to let him walk for nothing. Give him 4 year $24-26mil, and trade him after 2 years, maybe 3. 3 would be a huge reset with Gobert coming off the books.

But it’s DLo if he were traded 3 times in a week, I wouldn’t be surprised.

I wonder how good AJ Griffin and Jalen Johnson could be if they had a coach that actually cared about player development and ran a modern offense.

You know this isn’t your year when the Hawks scrape you by 40 on your court.

No idea if the 2 big approach works or doesn’t.
…..? :lol:

Then you write paragraphs about D’Lo’s fit with the team :lol: None of that matters at this point. You could replace him with Steph Curry & Minny still wouldn’t get out of the West.

Rooting for the failure of the Sixers and Suns
BEAN 🏁🏁🏁 on Twitter: DJ Khaled “Turn that up” meme / Twitter

The Wolves are a team who has made it to the playoffs twice in 20 years. Have made it out of the first round only once in franchise history.

Whether it’s Gobert and KAT. Or Ant and DLo. Need to just be good enough to be a quality team. Sure they went with a huge trade that has a long term impact, and probably didn’t need to. But it’s also a franchise that needs to just be good as well. And if they get in the playoffs for 3-4 years in a row. And can make it out of the first round and then pivot fully to Ant and Jaden, that’s important to a **** franchise like the Wolves

The Wolves are a team who has made it to the playoffs twice in 20 years. Have made it out of the first round only once in franchise history.

Whether it’s Gobert and KAT. Or Ant and DLo. Need to just be good enough to be a quality team. Sure they went with a huge trade that has a long term impact, and probably didn’t need to. But it’s also a franchise that needs to just be good as well. And if they get in the playoffs for 3-4 years in a row. And can make it out of the first round and then pivot fully to Ant and Jaden, that’s important to a **** franchise like the Wolves
So aspiring to be a treadmill.

I wish their fans the best of luck.

Wolves set themselves back. They can build something with Ant and KAT.

Coulda added the Aaron Gordons or Jerami Grants of the NBA or overpay for Siakam than w.e they did with Rudy

No issues with trying to be good. You got ant and that’s a great start. But they set themselves back with that Gobert trade. You aren’t even good trying to play to slow bigs together.

Sure.

They went with the guy who filled the two biggest needs they had last year, interior defense and rebounding. It makes sense. They were just dumb enough to out bid themselves on it.

I think in the long term they will recoup some of the value of Gobert with KAT. Even when KAT signed his extension, it was talked about he likely doesn’t finish the next contract on the Wolves.
If they grab 2 firsts and role players for KAT in 2 years, they reset.

The trade whether it’s the best fit or not was to get the best talent they could, maximize a few year window and then reset.

Back
Top Bottom