The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

Who is gunna give Kyrie a long term contract?
1675452044950.jpeg

The Athletic:
Brooklyn Nets All-Star guard Kyrie Irving has requested a trade, league sources tell The Athletic. The franchise has been informed that Irving prefers to move on ahead of the Feb. 9 trade deadline — or he will leave via free agency in July.

The Nets recently offered Irving an extension with guarantee stipulations, according to league sources, an offer which was declined. Sources with direct knowledge of the negotiations who have been granted anonymity so that they could speak freely say that the extension offer was not well received and that there have been principle differences that have emerged between the Nets and Irving.

Kyrie can basically pick his location. Nets can't just ship him anywhere.

With that being said for some of yall you better pray to the basketball gods he isn't in purple/gold.

Cause this get back is going to be GLORIOUS.

Huh? No team has enough cap space to sign him to a max contract This summer and Kyrie needs Brooklyn help to facilitate a trade.

Brooklyn has called Kyrie's bluff twice already, I expect them to call his bluff again.

Kyrie requesting a trade doesn't hurt or hit as much as KD's trade request, at least for me as a Nets fan

If he wants to stay, cool. If he's pissed and confused as to why the Nets aren't him giving a long term deal, meh.

Tho I'd much rather prefer he stay.

Back
Top Bottom