The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

He was all of those things when he was considered a lottery lock. He was literally the #1 junior in the country BEFORE the pandemic occurred.

Go look at how many dudes were 2nd in a recruiting class that didn’t make the league or went non lottery 15 months after those rankings dropped.

There’s ALOT., he’s not special in that regards

1675802007447.png

Seems like white boys wanna be shooters also.

Everybody better keep that same energy, Dr Umar is watching.

Heard he had some hollows too. Lock the Thug up

Go look at how many dudes were 2nd in a recruiting class that didn’t make the league or went non lottery 15 months after those rankings dropped.

Highly doubt that. And he was a top recruit leaving his sr year of high school. So this is def different and unprecedented.

A top 3 HS recruit is damn near almost always going to hit the Lotto. It’s only a matter of like 12 months from the end of sr year to draft day.

How y’all think Cam Reddish still went that high

Highly doubt that. And he was a top recruit leaving his sr year of high school. So this is def different and unprecedented.

A top 3 HS recruit is damn near almost always going to hit the Lotto. It’s only a matter of like 12 months from the end of sr year to draft day.

How y’all think Cam Reddish still went that high

Respectfully I’ve already looked it up, I had this argument on twitter already lol

Respectfully I’ve already looked it up, I had this argument on twitter already lol

One and dones? Because I can’t believe that to be true.

The scouts literally do it to save face.

The highly ranked hs guys that don’t become lotto picks, usually spend more than a year in college.

The one and done cats almost always get the benefit of the doubt. I’m looking right now

I’m well aware. You bought up rankings, not me. Im just saying the pandemic had nothing to do with his rankings as you suggested. Im not asserting that because he was ranked he should have been a lottery pick.

I don't care about what Hardy was rated coming out of HS ...

The situational shooting splits even in the G-League when his traditional splits weren't great showed the kid can shoot the ball. He's always been good at getting into the paint and to the rim. Needs to get stronger and build out as a finisher - and doesn't ever need to be someone's primary ball handler.

But there was always a lot to like. Maybe he wasn't lottery guy, but as a R2 guy he's a steal and he's got a real chance to carve out a role for himself a play for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom