The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA vs Germany at 3 ET on Fox

You’re implying he cares about basketball. What’s Draymond going to tell him? Ben will cash him out

You know I’m one of the folks in her who talks about him caring more about his cars than his career. I think what I’m saying in my post actually shows he doesn’t care. He had HOFers that fit his archetype adjacent to his inner circle and he seems to not have utilized them to get right or straight up doesn’t care.

Going from an All-Star and 1st Team All-Defense at age 24 to third string center age 26 is unforgivable and inexplicable, outside of giving up.

Ultimately i agree they know it too much money to pass up. But i think the push back from players would have been much louder if bron didnt wanna go in the middle of a pandemic
He said he was willing to leave the bubble after the Jacob Blake shooting. Think the Clippers did as well.

You know you’re trash when you’re a FIRST overall pick, “generational talent” “franchise changer”… prep all American…

And people have to compare you with DUNCAN ROBINSON to justify your contract…

Duncan Robinson wasn’t even supposed to reach this level :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Duncan ain’t never used mental health as an excuse either.

He said he was willing to leave the bubble after the Jacob Blake shooting. Think the Clippers did as well.
Saying and doing are two different things. These public figures say alot :lol:

I dont follow hockey like that. They all had to go to a resort for a month too?

Do u guys think the bubble would have still happened if lebrons team was out of contention?
Depends. If lebron openly says no, I think it speaks volumes. Others may feel comfortable to come out against it as well. We learned after the fact that some players were hesitant to for various reasons. Would not have been a good look for silver if he was forcing them back

Ultimately i agree they know it too much money to pass up. But i think the push back from players would have been much louder if bron didnt wanna go in the middle of a pandemic

LeBron is undoubtedly the face of the league and the single most powerful player but players and especially owners weren’t going to pass up money during a pandemic with all the economic uncertainty surrounding the future (shortened next season, potentially no fans, etc)

And weren’t the Bucks and, I believe, Magic the first to actually strike and sit out their game? It is the past and I am not a mind reader but to me that felt like more of a hollow threat than a reality.

You know I’m one of the folks in her who talks about him caring more about his cars than his career. I think what I’m saying in my post actually shows he doesn’t care. He had HOFers that fit his archetype adjacent to his inner circle and he seems to not have utilized them to get right or straight up doesn’t care.

Going from an All-Star and 1st Team All-Defense at age 24 to third string center age 26 is unforgivable and inexplicable, outside of giving up.
Don’t think it’s been a secret that he doesn’t care though. People probably knew what they got involved with. Easy agent money if you ask me

Depends. If lebron openly says no, I think it speaks volumes. Others may feel comfortable to come out against it as well. We learned after the fact that some players were hesitant to for various reasons. Would not have been a good look for silver if he was forcing them back
Exactly which i feel like he would have if there was nothing to play for.

And weren’t the Bucks and, I believe, Magic the first to actually strike and sit out their game? It is the past and I am not a mind reader but to me that felt like more of a hollow threat than a reality.
The Bucks-Magic game was protested first, then they had the players meeting later. Bron/Lakers and Clippers said they were willing to leave.

1677020619521.png

Don’t think it’s been a secret that he doesn’t care though. People probably knew what they got involved with. Easy agent money if you ask me

Ben was hyped as Australian Lebron. Crazy to see the downfall

addict4sneakers addict4sneakers EYE basically bought into this narrative :emoji_point_up: Even if he never cared, he still had a high level of “success” in the league up to age 24 and to see a drop off like this has to be shocking even if you were involved with him and knew this.

But Klutch is gonna get their 5-10% on that $200MM career earnings when it’s all said and done which isn’t too shabby

"Simmons' lack of competitiveness in some crucial games has raised questions about his character as a basketball player. While many top picks succumb to the NBA star lifestyle and emerge as average competitors, it's rare to see that at the collegiate level. ...

"Simmons has displayed an apathy for defense, contact and delivering winning plays in crucial moments. Those troubling revelations in Simmons' game are cause for concern among decision-makers on lottery teams with whom we've had contact."
The concerns about Simmons' character didn't magically appear the moment he arrived on campus in Baton Rouge. Those sentiments also have been expressed by members of the Australian national team who have spent time with him at the junior and senior levels.

"Australian players and coaches who have been around him don't speak about him in flattering terms, calling him 'the Yank' to highlight how different he is compared with most of the players from that country, and perhaps highlight how much moving to the United States at a young age and immersing himself in the AAU world has shaped him. Those who know him best say he needs things to revolve around him on and off the court and that he's often been close-minded to coaching or instruction."
Warning signs was there from jump is the wildest thing of it all.

The AAU stray wasn't necessary doe.
whoa (1).png

Ben was born with that socialite skillset

We were just talking about Brandon Roy and Oden who were out of the league before 30 due to injuries and I am sure others have been in the same situation.

Other guys haven “eaten” their way out of the league before 30.

Ben is going to be out of the league before 30 for a lack of care. Robbed the Sixers and Nets without a gun. Ocean’s 25/10.

The Clippers got Rustle Westbrook 🧐 it's a wrap for the rest of the league. Can't believe the Lakers let a generational talent like Rustle leave smh, what are they doing :rofl:
Funny if the Clips win the title and Rust rubbing it to the Lakers and Lebron.

Back
Top Bottom