The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

This was really Bring It On in real life :lol:

white-kid.gif

Seems pretty clear that an off-season of acquisitions specifically around those two is necessary before fully judging whether they work together or not.
Outside of Kyrie going Kyrie off the court- I am confident that jalen brunson and luka worked offensively last season- it could have been even better this season- though that’s a different topic

So now with Irving- who has played with and won a title with lebron James of all people- the fit offensively shouldn’t be such a huge mystery. What’s the missing on court factor here

I think the Mavs gotta re-sign Powell and Wood to have those salary slots available for trades later down the line.

Normally I would be opposed to spending assets in the form of picks for a center, but with how small and weak the roster is, it's an absolute necessity to find a frontline center. They can't trot out Powell, McGee, Wood, Kleber again next season.

Pretty much everyone “tests” free agency, especially someone at the risk of possibly not getting a full max. But jokes > facts :lol:
The annual overreaction to FREE AGENT X WILL TEST FREE AGENCY when Free Agent X has to hit free agency to get to their actual max eligibility is never not funny.

Both the Mavericks and Kyrie said this IMMEDIATELY when the trade got made. It's not a surprise. It's not news. But goof balls gonna goof ball.

Outside of Kyrie going Kyrie off the court- I am confident that jalen brunson and luka worked offensively last season- it could have been even better this season- though that’s a different topic

So now with Irving- who has played with and won a title with lebron James of all people- the fit offensively shouldn’t be such a huge mystery. What’s the missing on court factor here
Luka and Brunson definitely worked offensively. Team overachieved by getting to the WCF. Losing him for nothing was malpractice.

I don’t think anybody was taking the Mavs seriously prior to the Cryrie trade despite their record, so you have to try to do something to get another all-star caliber player back into the fold. They accomplished that, but the pieces it took to get that player really hampered them defensively.

So they have the top tier talent part accomplished. The hard part. Reshuffling the deck from a role player standpoint should be relatively doable. They’ll have to make sure they re-sign guys to tradable salaries and be willing to move all future picks.

Seems like it should be able to happen. Sucks that this season will end up being a waste, but was probably necessary in the grand scheme to right some of the wrongs the front office previously made.

Luka and Brunson definitely worked offensively. Team overachieved by getting to the WCF. Losing him for nothing was malpractice.

I don’t think anybody was taking the Mavs seriously prior to the Cryrie trade despite their record, so you have to try to do something to get another all-star caliber player back into the fold. They accomplished that, but the pieces it took to get that player really hampered them defensively.

So they have the top tier talent part accomplished. The hard part. Reshuffling the deck from a role player standpoint should be relatively doable. They’ll have to make sure they re-sign guys to tradable salaries and be willing to move all future picks.

Seems like it should be able to happen. Sucks that this season will end up being a waste, but was probably necessary in the grand scheme to right some of the wrongs the front office previously made.
I’m still a lil bitter y’all came up with both white and brogdon. How

Either one would have been nice fit with luka

Ducking matchups has never worked
The turn on Mark Cuban (from a basketball perspective) in here has been interesting :lol:. And I don’t think he’s the world’s best owner but still
I don't get it. No one is perfect but the guy cares. He's not just out there being James Dolan or something.

Back
Top Bottom