The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

Giannis is a better defender than Embiid & Jokic. Offensive numbers are on par with both of them. Bucks are the best team of the three.

Kind of surprised he was a distant third place in the last ESPN straw poll.
Most overlooked and confusing part of this season's debate is everyone just penciling him in as a distant third wheel in the race by default regardless of everything that you just mentioned :lol:

Like what are we even going off of anymore now when the best player in the league gets more or less dismissed for dominating more often than not?

I understand folks feel it's now or never for Embiid but it's objectively still a three way race instead of the clear cut head to head it's being portrayed as in the media.

Most overlooked and confusing part of this season's debate is everyone just penciling him in as a distant third wheel in the race by default regardless of everything that you just mentioned :lol:

Like what are we even going off of anymore now when the best player in the league gets more or less dismissed for dominating more often than not.

I understand folks feel it's now or never for Embiid but it's objectively still a three way race instead of the clear cut head to head it's being portrayed as in the media.

People get tired of greatness, he'll get another Finals MVP this year barring any catastrophic injuries to the Bucks.

what are you talking about? james dolan has been quiet and out of the picture for the last 5 years allowing those he hired to do their job without his interference. and it's worked
He's been better as of late, but he's by and large been awful. Its not a secret, the overwhelming consensus is that he is the worst owner in basketball. Thats all I'm saying.

Like what are we even going off of anymore now when the best player in the league gets more or less dismissed for dominating more often than not?

Giannis probably gotta have a 65+ win season to get another MVP because of this weird "voter fatigue". It's different rules for different players out here.

Knicks could go for $10 billion and Dolan would never sell due to his pride & ego.

He’d rather us rot with him than to see another Ownership succeed.

Sucks because he would get so many offers.
He's never selling. He sells and he's some guy with 10 billion. As long as he owns the Knicks he's James Dolan, and he likes it that way.
BigImpishAfricanparadiseflycatcher-size_restricted.gif

Not to defend Dolan, but I remember when he hired Phil and everyone applauded him for it and killed the Lakers for not putting him in a position of power. Dolan let Phil do his thing and ended up getting criticized for hiring PhIl :lol:

The Knicks are the closest Dolan will ever get to owning his own printing press. He'd never sell. He'd tell his children not to sell. He'd tell them to tell their children not to sell.

Not to defend Dolan, but I remember when he hired Phil and everyone applauded him for it and killed the Lakers for not putting him in a position of power. Dolan let Phil do his thing and ended up getting criticized for hiring PhIl :lol:
Yeah I got no beef with Dolan at the moment, he has really stepped back and let them do them. Them just not good sometimes.

This is really my outlook on it. And most every situation he'd feasibly want to be in outside Dallas requires a S&T to get him there.

FoyUGhJaYAACt0N
FoyURiQaUAArJ34
FoyUgZaacAAw0Co
FoyUq1GagAA9MBu

And that Lakers deal necessitates them dumping EVERYONE that isn't AD/Bron unless it's a sign and trade situation... They're not doing that. And guys aren't leaving that kind of money on the table at 31 - let alone when they lost a massive shoe contract just months prior.

If you're going to argue anything about how the Mavs landed here and how Cuban's gone about roster building, it's the fact they've spent so much time sitting in the middle playing with chalk in the margins trying to position for a second star.

Now they've got two - and the route for success around them seems fairly obvious - but we'll see if they can get it done with what they have at their disposal.
Anybody giving Kyrie that much money is dumb.

They’ve been a successful competent organization for way longer than that :lol:. Y’all just letting dislike of the dude blind you. Almost half of the league doesn’t have that one ring

I mean I was too young to remember the Steve Nash situation (line by line) but Cuban let Nash go too remember? - Dirk could have more rings in my opinion.

Now Cuban just did the same thing to Luka by not signing Brunson on a team friendly deal because his organization couldn’t identify talent.

I’m sorry but he’s an overrated Owner man. He just is.

Passionate and fun? Yea, okay, I get that. I can see why someone would like that.

But when it comes to BASKETBALL - he and his team have underachieved given the Star players they were blessed to have drafted.

The turn on Mark Cuban (from a basketball perspective) in here has been interesting :lol:. And I don’t think he’s the world’s best owner but still

I don't get it. No one is perfect but the guy cares. He's not just out there being James Dolan or something.

I am really glad that I am not the only one in here who sees it. He is far from a bad or broke owner.

I mean I was too young to remember the Steve Nash situation (line by line) but Cuban let Nash go too remember? - Dirk could have more rings in my opinion.
This is revisionist history of what happened AND how Nash was even viewed at that time. :lol: The Mavs kept coming up short in the WCF against the Spurs and team doctors were worried about Nash’s injury history going into his 30s. Nash didn’t become the Nash that you remember until his usage went way up and he played in D’Antoni’s system in Phoenix.

If you don’t remember it, how you gonna form an opinion about the situation and how he could have more rings? :lol:

If you don’t remember it, how you gonna form an opinion about the situation and how he could have more rings? :lol:

Because Dirk was THAT good.

If you’re and Owner and people you hire mess up this bad on Brunson (who the FO saw everyday in practice for 4 years) - Then we need to start pointing fingers at the OWNER who hired them…

Accountability.

Owners need to feel it too. Especially Owners who make it a point “Question Authority”..

Back
Top Bottom