The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

I've defended Cuban a fair amount from a basketball perspective on stuff I think is kinda goofy criticism...

But I do think he's the worst possible person to have overseeing a franchise that desperately needs its superstar to grow up and stop complaining about officiating and things not going his way.

I've defended Cuban a fair amount from a basketball perspective on stuff I think is kinda goofy criticism...

But I do think he's the worst possible person to have overseeing a franchise that desperately needs its superstar to grow up and stop complaining about officiating and things not going his way.
Couldn’t have more of an enabler than him :lol::smh:

The Dolan-owned team is better positioned for this season (obviously) and the near future.
For sure. Its moreso James Dolan sucks by and large. No one likes him. You'd rather have him gone if you could. The voice against Cuban isnt unanimous by any means.

For sure. Its moreso James Dolan sucks by and large. No one likes him. You'd rather have him gone if you could. The voice against Cuban isnt unanimous by any means.

As a person, Dolan is a piece of ****.

As an owner, he's been content to leave the basketball decisions to the basketball people & cut the check and the end of the day. I've said it before but I'm not fully on board if he one day decided to sell. For every Ballmer there's a Fertitta.

So, seems like the possile FA market for Kyrie is: (1) a team he hasn't already been on and burned bridges with; (2) that doesn't already have an all-star level point guard; (3) is in a win-now mode; and (4) has money/cap space to spend on him. That's a pretty small number of teams; even smaller if you add: (5) is willing to take a chance on his baggage.

I'd be real surprised if he doesn't re-sign with the Mavs, so long as they want him back.

Then would love to hear why. The Mavs have been good for much of the last two plus decades and have a title. You’re a Knicks fan for god’s sake :lol:

James Dolan is worst owner in all of the league - No disputing that. I’d love to slap James Dolan, it’s on sight. F that man.

I just don’t like Cuban. I was so angry when Luka was drafted there because I knew Cuban would try to “Dirk” him. :lol:

Plus he can’t handle criticism. He’s a baby.

So, seems like the possile FA market for Kyrie is: (1) a team he hasn't already been on and burned bridges with; (2) that doesn't already have an all-star level point guard; (3) is in a win-now mode; and (4) has money/cap space to spend on him. That's a pretty small number of teams; even smaller if you add: (5) is willing to take a chance on his baggage.

I'd be real surprised if he doesn't re-sign with the Mavs, so long as they want him back.
This is really my outlook on it. And most every situation he'd feasibly want to be in outside Dallas requires a S&T to get him there.

FoyUGhJaYAACt0N
FoyURiQaUAArJ34
FoyUgZaacAAw0Co
FoyUq1GagAA9MBu

And that Lakers deal necessitates them dumping EVERYONE that isn't AD/Bron unless it's a sign and trade situation... They're not doing that. And guys aren't leaving that kind of money on the table at 31 - let alone when they lost a massive shoe contract just months prior.

If you're going to argue anything about how the Mavs landed here and how Cuban's gone about roster building, it's the fact they've spent so much time sitting in the middle playing with chalk in the margins trying to position for a second star.

Now they've got two - and the route for success around them seems fairly obvious - but we'll see if they can get it done with what they have at their disposal.

As a person, Dolan is a piece of ****.

As an owner, he's been content to leave the basketball decisions to the basketball people & cut the check and the end of the day. I've said it before but I'm not fully on board if he one day decided to sell. For every Ballmer there's a Fertitta.
Lol bro april fools is only the first day of the month not the whole first week

Ducking matchups has never worked

I don't get it. No one is perfect but the guy cares. He's not just out there being James Dolan or something.

what are you talking about? james dolan has been quiet and out of the picture for the last 5 years allowing those he hired to do their job without his interference. and it's worked

KD having the very real prospect of now having to face Bron or Wardell in round 1 gotta be giving him some pause.

The turn on Mark Cuban (from a basketball perspective) in here has been interesting :lol:. And I don’t think he’s the world’s best owner but still

I been saying he riding that one ring from 2011. Wouldn't have that if Bron had his mind right at the time.

Back
Top Bottom