The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

ezgif-1-cfeb6df8c1.gif

So Klay threatening to milk Thunder players?
dame-exclamation-point-2-png.3031962

I haz confuse.

Sixers have now beaten all 30 teams this year

What you did there. I see it :lol: :lol:

I really hope some loyal fans hit on that. Only big sports bet I ever made was in 2013. When at the end of the regular seasons Ray Lewis announced he would be retiring after the playoffs. I knew it was a wrap for the league and put what was at the time considered more serious bread for me (it was a decade ago :lol:) on it at 40 to 1 odds. We all know how that went :smokin Hope some Kings fans got to profit off that +50000

I really hate that NBA coaches don't wear suits.

I was thinking the other day about how up until last season that NBA coaches were the only coaches in pro sports that had to wear suits (made sense why those other outdoor sports didn’t). I love suits as much as the next guy but I get why it’s better for coaches to wear athleisure.

You can tell he was trying really hard to hold that laugh in. Good to see that locker room having so much fun post-trade deadline. But real talk, that is probably the atmosphere they’ll be facing in Golden 1 if they grab the #6 :lol:

Lakers are at an interesting spot. They have to win out to avoid the play in but if they win out they get the 5th seed and the Suns in the 1st round.

Selfishly I want them to get the 6th seed so they can play Sac just so I can hit some games lol.

Realistically, I want them to avoid the play in at all costs so bring on the 7-0 with KD suns. Gotta play em sooner or later anyway.

Correct me if I’m wrong but the Kings get to decide who they want to play right?

If they tank against the warriors, they’re going to play them in the first round.

If they try to beat the warriors (it’s a home game for sac so the warriors can/will lose), they basically get either the Lakers or the clippers in the 1st round?

is the Clippers/Lakers game tomorrow basically winner gets 5 or 6 and loser gets 7 and the play-in?

Lakers are at an interesting spot. They have to win out to avoid the play in but if they win out they get the 5th seed and the Suns in the 1st round.

Selfishly I want them to get the 6th seed so they can play Sac just so I can hit some games lol.

Realistically, I want them to avoid the play in at all costs so bring on the 7-0 with KD suns. Gotta play em sooner or later anyway.
Lakers def Gon tank that clippers game. They don't want KD and book in round 1.

In no world should this Lakers team be tanking if it means they could end up in the play-in. Definitely don’t want to have to play a game against NOLA/Minny just to end up having to go against Memphis. Also don’t want to be in a win-or-go home game at any point but you do also get to play a free-falling Denver team.

In terms of preferred opponents for the Lakers is it:
SAC > Denver > Memphis > Suns?

Correct me if I’m wrong but the Kings get to decide who they want to play right?

If they tank against the warriors, they’re going to play them in the first round.

If they try to beat the warriors (it’s a home game for sac so the warriors can/will lose), they basically get either the Lakers or the clippers in the 1st round?

they probably wanna match up with the clippers. it sucks but without paul george, they’re definitely missing a big part of their perimeter shooting and defense.

warriors and lakers are also clicking at the right time and looking like deeper rosters at the moment.

In terms of preferred opponents for the Lakers is it:
SAC > Denver > Memphis > Suns?

Sac > PHX > Grizz > Denver for my heart.
Sac > Denver > Memphis > Suns for basketball matchups. Denver above Memphis because Denver has looked suspect for a few weeks now and Murray just got hurt. Memphis is tough but JJJ is liable to foul out quickly and without Clarke/Adams, they don’t have the size to compete if JJJ gets in foul trouble.

they probably wanna match up with the clippers. it sucks but without paul george, they’re definitely missing a big part of their perimeter shooting and defense.

warriors and lakers are also clicking at the right time and looking like deeper rosters at the moment.

I agree but Sac plays the Warriors so they have a direct responsibility in where the warriors can finish.

If Sac lays down, the warriors probably avoid the play in. If Sac wins, the warriors get pushed to the 7th seed and the play-in (assuming the Lakers/clippers win out - aside from the game 2m of course).

Both the Lakers and Clippers play the Suns. I wonder when they start resting their players too.

Sac > PHX > Grizz > Denver for my heart.
Sac > Denver > Memphis > Suns for basketball matchups. Denver above Memphis because Denver has looked suspect for a few weeks now and Murray just got hurt. Memphis is tough but JJJ is liable to foul out quickly and without Clarke/Adams, they don’t have the size to compete if JJJ gets in foul trouble.

I agree but Sac plays the Warriors so they have a direct responsibility in where the warriors can finish.

If Sac lays down, the warriors probably avoid the play in. If Sac wins, the warriors get pushed to the 7th seed and the play-in (assuming the Lakers/clippers win out - aside from the game 2m of course).

Both the Lakers and Clippers play the Suns. I wonder when they start resting their players too.

kings gonna play the dubs hard on friday regardless of match up scenarios. mike brown's not messing around and probably treating it like a playoff game

suns on the otherhand, with older vets in KD and CP, i could see them saying **** it and resting them on Sunday if they beat lakers, or even by friday if they beat denver tomorrow

Last edited:

Ehhh idk if I’m resting players if I’m the Suns. At least not fully, especially considering they are v Suns, @ Lakers, v Clippers - all potential playoff matchups and despite KD and Book missing time due to injury this season, KD only played 7 games as a Sun. Need more time to build that rapport IMO

I never understood the idea that Warriors aren't going to bring him back.

He's still great, there is no one they could get to replace him and they have literally never been able to defend without him.

If I was the Nuggets tho I'd do anything to get him, include maybe even trading Murray or Porter.

But I guess there cap situation makes that impossible.

Back
Top Bottom