The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

I feel the same way about the all NBA,
it's highly unserious to have an all nba "team" that can be like 4 guards and a forward.

and it also doesn't treat the past history of the award with the appropriate level of esteem.

How is it unserious to have it purely based on production?

I don't see how the new format isn't the best way to do it.

a team has more prestige than 5 random players.
It has the 50 year history of the award, and it makes more intuitive sense.

the team concept has the pomp and circumstance, top 5 players just feels like an arbitrary cut off point.

So going forward what if the top 5 players happen to be 2 guards, 2 forwards and a center? It's cool then? :lol:

How is it unserious to have it purely based on production?

I don't see how the new format isn't the best way to do it.

top 5 is now just a arbitrary cut off that has no meaning. which imo is inherently less serious.

and it has no history behind it either. in fact you are now breaking with the 60 year tradition of the award.

So going forward what if the top 5 players happen to be 2 guards, 2 forwards and a center? It's cool then? :lol:

well no,
the award would still be set up in a less serious way,
it just by chance happened to produce an outcome that lined up with the old system.

Should just go two backcourt, three frontcourt for All-NBA like they do the ASG.

imo it's just a solution in search of a problem.

Center is a position that is meaningfully different from forward.
In 95% of cases you need a center to make through 82 game season and be good.

and Embiid and Jokic can't play forward. so only one of them can be first team.

it's fine.
I have no idea where this idea that it needed to change came from.

This coaches suit thing has to be one of the most boring muti-page debates in the history of this thread.

No disrespect/I come in peace. :smile:

it's all in the details my friend.

Reject modernity;

14884881.jpg

Embrace tradition. :pimp:

RileySuit1.jpg

WWE actually has always gotten this intuitively, some things can be goofy but...
The ring announcers wear suits, the refs wear uniforms, commentators wear suits,

Like don't you think it would detract from things if Paul Heyman was managing in athleisure? :lol:

If Paul Heyman wore athletic gear, I would assume wrestling was fake.

Pat could have an orgy before every game and he’s still not scoring more than 8.

Yea but it would take away from his energy to "just run around."

Interested to see how the Grizz and Kings handle their games tonight, each on the 2nd of back-to-backs.

Should just go two backcourt, three frontcourt for All-NBA like they do the ASG.

Now this I think makes sense but the problem is it would still be an issue for folks because instead of Embiid/Jokic getting screwed, it would be Tatum in this case (I believe he is considered a forward and Embiid, Jokic, Giannis >>>> him)

This coaches suit thing has to be one of the most boring muti-page debates in the history of this thread.

No disrespect/I come in peace. :smile:

And one side was really attempting to be serious :smh:

Back
Top Bottom