The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

yall empathizing with these coaches too much.

they aren't middle class office workers being forced to come back into the office.

who cares about there comfort? thats what the millions of dollars are for.
Adam Silver is too soft and wants everyone to be comfy like this is a high school swim meet.
This is such a peak old head take that when I scrolled passed it the Bluetooth on my phone turned on, and I got a call from a Cadillac dealership

The issue probably isn't so much WFH, it's your routines.

In some cases yea. In my case not so much.

10 hour shifts and super high metrics where you're on call throughout the shift and monitored.

Took some adjustments. Standing desks, HM chair, hiring a masseuse, incorporating more leg workouts.

In some cases yea. In my case not so much.

10 hour shifts and super high metrics where you're on call throughout the shift and monitored.

Took some adjustments. Standing desks, HM chair, hiring a masseuse, incorporating more leg workouts.
Oh that sucks working from anywhere.

Trying to insert respectability politics into sports is what makes it a MAGA take. But you got it man. I had to wear a suit every day for five years. Wearing a suit sucks. I wouldn't force it on anyone.

people miss using terms like "respectability politics" always bugs me.

"respectability politics" is when you use appeals to respectability to DISTRACT from demands for social justice.

"Does Gregg Popovich gets to wear sweatpants or not."
is not a question of social justice. :lol:

I think it's more entertaining when they wear suits. so I would like them to wear suits.
It doesn't go deeper than that.

Coaches should really be in jerseys and shorts. Uniform attire like baseball.
fd3b5588ad881702e1f02a553f236bc5_crop_exact.png

43fe223a2f2b48f1cc6e0065328fb1c2_crop_exact.jpg

Hybrid is the way to go.

WFH catches up to you eventually.

Yeah I've been working from home since 2016 and I've never worked a full five days at home. At least 2 days at a cafe, I ask the client if I can work a day at their site every now and then or sometimes the team rents a shared office for a day.

I also prefer Hybrid, but would rather have it optional.

I really enjoy it when soccer teams get sponsored by major european fashion houses
and they outfit the entire squad in custom suits.

especially for the world cup when it's the countries major fashion house.

love it, adds pageantry, pomp and circumstance to the proceedings.

Not enough talk about yanni 4 MVP
Going to have the best record and individual numbers to back up

At worst, he should be #2. With the Joker slump, the race it tight enough for him to fall #3. It should be between Joel and Giannis now.

That confidence when you got a suit on and look sharp is unmatched though.

NBA games are what 3x a week? Wouldnt mind wearing a suit 3x a week if I'm in sweats/shorts every other day.

people acting like Im Samuel L jackson in Django
for asking these dudes to put on a suit. SMH :smh:

I guess ive never been important enough but ive never understood threatening to look for another job. Just do it. I remember the ceos nephew once said this at a former job when he might not get his way. Im looking around like "well sounds like a win win" but everyone bit their tongue smh
You ever asked for a raise? More time off? More resources to get your job done? If you're asking for stuff you don't have, they know what time it is. :lol:

If you're not asking for that kinda stuff ever, why not? I'm in an industry and a point in my career where I could leave at any time and probably make way more money for a bigger title, but I place a higher value on other things given my wife's health situation.

I'm not out here constantly pushing the "give me more or I'm out" button, but I've definitely spent enough time investing in relationships with my direct manager and the two levels above her that I can have candid conversations about what I want and not have to beat around the bush.

OKB is onto something. Personally I love wearing suits, stay getting fits off at work. Although ready for this sports season to be done 😮‍💨 all these damn events got me on E.

I really enjoy it when soccer teams get sponsored by major european fashion houses
and they outfit the entire squad in custom suits.

especially for the world cup when it's the countries major fashion house.

love it, adds pageantry, pomp and circumstance to the proceedings.

Word.

1680713643440.jpeg

1680713311248.jpeg

1680713182025.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom