The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

because you’re past having your best shot at winning. You’re paying the highest lux tax bill in the history of the game. This group of guys has probably just run it’s course, and your best two guys are aging and can’t even depend on them to play 60 games a year together. What’s going to be the difference with one more run? Pointing out that nobody is that far ahead of them when healthy is just not compelling to me when they’re never consistently healthy. You are what are you, not what you could be

.We need more owners willing to pay the lux tax. Sorry, saving money just isn’t a good enough excuse.

The real Luka finna step up

USATSI_19126447.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: HIM
because you’re past having your best shot at winning. You’re paying the highest lux tax bill in the history of the game. This group of guys has probably just run it’s course, and your best two guys are aging and can’t even depend on them to play 60 games a year together. What’s going to be the difference with one more run? Pointing out that nobody is that far ahead of them when healthy is just not compelling to me when they’re never consistently healthy. You are what are you, not what you could be

Luxury tax is totally irrelevant to me. We have the richest owner in American sports. Until he starts indicating he cares about paying a huge tax bill, it’s a non-factor.

Everything else you said is fair though, but I still don’t see the alternative of blowing it up and entering into a phase of total uncertainty to be more palatable.

If McD & Naz were playing I’d still lean Lakers but wouldn’t be surprised if Minny stole it.

Even still, Gobert’s suspension is addition by subtraction, which means the inverse is true when he’s back for OKC/NOP on Friday :lol: Good luck to Minny

Define success. Harden was an MVP, his Rockets team was a consistent threat as a contender and was one win away from beating the KD warriors.

Luka is 24, made it to the Western Finals, multiple time all star and multiple time first team NBA.

You can also say the same with Iverson in 2001.

If your definition of success is a Championship, then you have an argument.

I actually think Harden has been a success. He faced some incredibly tough teams. I can say this despite thinking his Rockets style of play is horrendous.

I feel the same way about Luka. Unbelievably good.

What I have issue with is that for some reason Luka isn’t held to the same standard Harden was. Luka plays no defense, whines constantly, plays zero off ball offense etc. He has clear flaws. When he’s at this best he showed what he could do - get his team to a WCF. In the NBa the true greats though are able to still have a “good” season even when everything isn’t perfect. Too much discourse on how bad his team in and not enough on him individually.

Did the Warriors ever find out who leaked the video of Draymond punching Poole?

Are the T’Wolves going to investigate who leaked the audio from the locker room?

Luxury tax is totally irrelevant to me. We have the richest owner in American sports. Until he starts indicating he cares about paying a huge tax bill, it’s a non-factor.

Everything else you said is fair though, but I still don’t see the alternative of blowing it up and entering into a phase of total uncertainty to be more palatable.
You’re a lawyer. You know the lengths at which rich people go through to save money. What makes you think that he’s enjoying spending hundreds of millions of dollars to get bounced early in the playoffs? :lol: I’d say it’s simple economics to think that’s he’s not going to want to continually be the biggest repeat tax offender and now the with the lead tax coming in the new CBA it’s going to get even more difficult. This is the perfect year to blow it up, IMO. Every game that PG/Kawhi play is assuming risk for another major injury that leaves you on the hook for a whole extra year

You’re a lawyer. You know the lengths at which rich people go through to save money. What makes you think that he’s enjoying spending hundreds of millions of dollars to get bounced early in the playoffs? :lol: I’d say it’s simple economics to think that’s he’s not going to want to continually be the biggest repeat tax offender and now the with the lead tax coming in the new CBA it’s going to get even more difficult. This is the perfect year to blow it up, IMO. Every game that PG/Kawhi play is assuming risk for another major injury that leaves you on the hook for a whole extra year

I hear you; I just see it differently. Especially since we’ll be in our own building next year.

What can Anfernee Simons get in a trade? Better yet, what can Shaedon Sharpe get in a trade?

Can’t the Lakers say the same with Bron and AD?

Back
Top Bottom