The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

It was leaving Napster and kazaaa on before you went to sleep to download entire albums by the time you woke up

albums...ha lol

200w.gif

I wonder about Zion. Seems like we all assume that his chronic injury problems are related to his weight and maybe that's true. But part of makes him so unique is how explosive he is with all that bulk; with dudes just bouncing off him in the air. I question whether he'd still be the same guy in terms of effectiveness, if he gets significantly skinnier.

Hopefully, there's a sweet spot he can get to where he maintains his freakishness but also becomes more durable.

How about 1 song? :lol:
I remember going from like 56k to t1 or some **** and at my moms job they had cable speed

I was always in heaven when I went to her office

I’d print out ******* crates of colored basketball pics from nba.com. No way those pics would load on regular internet lol

At this point, is it considered taking a flyer on ZW?
Lawd, NY would be in a win-win situation convincing NO to plug 2X AS/ANBA Ironman forward Julius Randle into the fold between HIMgram & CJ.

NY could survive with or without ZW if the only loss to the forward spot is Dubious. I think he’ll thrive even more with less cache and leadership responsibilities.

His penchants for losing his mind midgame prevents him from reaching superstar status & thus prevents him from being a capable leader.

He’s also familiar to the building. It’s sorta like a homecoming thing too.
Keep Obi at all costs.

Zion showed us everything we need to know about him when he was injured and unable to play but was posting videos of himself doing 360 windmills In practice.

DSL internet and torrents changed the game man

Shout out to YIFY the :emoji_goat: movie uploader of their generation
That’s what the speed was: dsl lol

Yup torrents were so damb insane. Figuring stuff out as lil kids, looking back I’m impressed with myself lol

I’d download like 6 different torrents for the same album cuz I knew at least 4 of em were fake lol

Another cherished moment in those days was when you would be on one of those music share apps and you would come to find out an album leaked a week or two early :smokin
I always had the albums early as hell

Downloaded to my MP3 player that looked like a portable CD player

I wonder about Zion. Seems like we all assume that his chronic injury problems are related to his weight and maybe that's true. But part of makes him so unique is how explosive he is with all that bulk; with dudes just bouncing off him in the air. I question whether he'd still be the same guy in terms of effectiveness, if he gets significantly skinnier.

Hopefully, there's a sweet spot he can get to where he maintains his freakishness but also becomes more durable.
275 in high school, officially 285 at Duke. He would still be amongst the strongest guys in the league around 260. Still a freak athlete with ridiculous touch around the rim. He’d still be 27ppg

He won’t have any longevity in the league if he’s heavier than Joel Embiid at 5 inches shorter.

I remember going from like 56k to t1 or some **** and at my moms job they had cable speed

I was always in heaven when I went to her office

I’d print out ****ing crates of colored basketball pics from nba.com. No way those pics would load on regular internet lol

Yeah my homie got that cable speed in Fall 2000 and it was heaven. Big time gambling family so Sundays were crazy. We'd always have espn.com reloading the boxscores while we were downloading tunes on Kazaa.

At this point, it don't seem like Trae gon be in an Atlanta jersey for another full season.

Zion should just a head start on getting in great shape for next season then

Yep. And I’d normally say this was overkill for someone his age, but he should probably go all-in with his own fitness team - MD/trainer/nutritionist/personal chef.

Back
Top Bottom