The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

Speaking of Dray doing pods right now...Remember Bron promoting "Zero Dark Thirty Bron "during the playoffs? Is that still a thing? :lol:

I'm all for these organizations thinking outside the box with coaching hires and getting outside the normal retread comfort zones.

But man, JJ Reddick would be WILD.

Most ex players skip the line no?
It feels like a recent development. And off the top of my head:

• Willie Green: Was an Assistant
  • Monty Williams: Was an assistant
  • Steve Kerr: Was in a front office
  • Darvin Hamm: Was an assistant
  • Jason Kidd: Skipped the Line
  • Steve Nash: Skipped the line
  • Steven Silas: Was on a bench
  • Chauncey Billups: Was on a bench (For a year but still)
  • Ty Lue: Was on a bench
  • Doc Rivers: Skipped the line almost three decades ago and it was the Magic who cares
So in the modern era, we're gonna see... Two white guys and white passing guy skip the line? IDK man...

*I have not named all the names this is not a perfect list*

*I am also not discounting the fact that Kidd & Nash were HoFers*

Meow what did he just say?! Big Purr?! :rofl:

"He got Joker. I got KAT..." :lol:
200w.gif

It feels like a recent development. And off the top of my head:

• Willie Green: Was an Assistant
  • Monty Williams: Was an assistant
  • Steve Kerr: Was in a front office
  • Darvin Hamm: Was an assistant
  • Jason Kidd: Skipped the Line
  • Steve Nash: Skipped the line
  • Steven Silas: Was on a bench
  • Chauncey Billups: Was on a bench (For a year but still)
  • Ty Lue: Was on a bench
  • Doc Rivers: Skipped the line almost three decades ago and it was the Magic who cares
So in the modern era, we're gonna see... Two white guys and white passing guy skip the line? IDK man...

*I have not named all the names this is not a perfect list*
Luke Walton was an assistant for two years then got the Laker job.

Coaching is really a talent. If you think he can see things quicker and make the adjustments right away.

Get him. Raptors should blow it up and get younger so that means the coach too.

Some players are better at breaking down a game than they would be at coaching. I think you have to have a certain personality to be a head coach in the NBA (part tough guy, part nice guy, part motivator, must have credibility) and also have good communication skills. I for one think Tim Duncan would be a great coach. I don’t think GP would do well as an NBA coach but if he does well in his current college job the sky is the limit.

Yeah because Kerr used Mark Jackson's system :rolleyes This team would have never done what they did with Mark Jackson. FO got the pieces but Mark Jackson couldn't make them go. Kerr put the engine in.

Only thing Kerr has done is take Mark Jackson's players and ride KD to championships.

Terrible at scouting and player development, TWO lottery draft pick misses, this is why they're about to get eliminated now.

Back
Top Bottom