It feels like a recent development. And off the top of my head:

• Willie Green: Was an Assistant
  • Monty Williams: Was an assistant
  • Steve Kerr: Was in a front office
  • Darvin Hamm: Was an assistant
  • Jason Kidd: Skipped the Line
  • Steve Nash: Skipped the line
  • Steven Silas: Was on a bench
  • Chauncey Billups: Was on a bench (For a year but still)
  • Ty Lue: Was on a bench
  • Doc Rivers: Skipped the line almost three decades ago and it was the Magic who cares
So in the modern era, we're gonna see... Two white guys and white passing guy skip the line? IDK man...

*I have not named all the names this is not a perfect list*

*I am also not discounting the fact that Kidd & Nash were HoFers*
add derek fisher coaching that team in NY too
Luke Walton was an assistant for two years then got the Laker job.
to lukes credit, he also had short stints as a coach in college and the d-league
If Chef pulls off the 3-1 comebyke…lordy lordy

1683733381704.png

Don't worry. You're about to get EXACTLY what you deserve.

I’d be hot if my child’s teacher had a folder dedicated to his imaginary opps on a message board

Poor kids. I hate it had to be them.

FeP4PclWQCsJ5yg.jpg

I'm legit laughing. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
My mans really got a folder full of receipts.
Tonight could be legendary.

Word bro.

It’s Masai who needs the questioning. Not JJ.

Masai has an untouchable status in Toronto, people think he can do no wrong. He's a great GM and won a chip, but He hasn't done as great a job as his reputation would presume.
  • He botched the Lowry trade by trading him too late (could have had Maxey)
  • He traded normal Powell (to not pay him) for a younger version of Norman Powell (only to not pay him and let him walk for nothing)
  • There was no clear direction for the franchise in the last 3 years. Do you tank? Or do you compete for a title? Instead, they chose NBA purgetory (the middle)
  • You did well with drafting drafting scottie eventhough everyone was hoping they'd draft Suggs
  • As you were tanking for a lottery, you taded for Poeltl which made you competitive again and became a playin team. This decrsased the lottery odds and doesn't raise their ceiling.
  • You missed the boat on trading OG at his peak value, next year he's an expiring so you don't get 4 firsts for him anymore
  • You missed the mark on trading Fred and he may walk for nothing this year
  • You had an elite coach and he also got frustrated with the roster construction and left "fired"
It's very confusing what Masai is doing with this roster as there's no direction, but no one is questioning him in Toronto. If he hires JJ Reddick...I think that's a disaster waiting to happen.

85% Pass rate on my AP exams, 20% higher than the national average, sponsors 2 clubs, coaches, and I tutor.
I'm great at what I do. People only check on those that are BAD at their jobs.

Also....it's on my flash drive. Lastly it's a teacher shortage what you gunna do? fire me? :rofl:

I know I'm insane, you gotta be to win.

94FC4049-2130-44F1-BDC4-286479FC850D.jpeg

This is the folder. It’s with me everywhere I go. Right on my keychain.
I truly haven’t been more proud of anyone than I am of you right now. This is AMAZING and I hope you keep doing what you’re doing.

Masai has an untouchable status in Toronto, people think he can do no wrong. He's a great GM and won a chip, but He hasn't done as great a job as his reputation would presume.
  • He botched the Lowry trade by trading him too late (could have had Maxey)
  • He traded normal Powell (to not pay him) for a younger version of Norman Powell (only to not pay him and let him walk for nothing)
  • There was no clear direction for the franchise in the last 3 years. Do you tank? Or do you compete for a title? Instead, they chose NBA purgetory (the middle)
  • You did well with drafting drafting scottie eventhough everyone was hoping they'd draft Suggs
  • As you were tanking for a lottery, you taded for Poeltl which made you competitive again and became a playin team. This decrsased the lottery odds and doesn't raise their ceiling.
  • You missed the boat on trading OG at his peak value, next year he's an expiring so you don't get 4 firsts for him anymore
  • You missed the mark on trading Fred and he may walk for nothing this year
  • You had an elite coach and he also got frustrated with the roster construction and left "fired"
It's very confusing what Masai is doing with this roster as there's no direction, but no one is questioning him in Toronto. If he hires JJ Reddick...I think that's a disaster waiting to happen.
He won a title, and the only title in franchise history. Not many GMs across the league that can even say that, regardless of whatever misgivings you might point out. I also think that there’s the business aspect to consider when you’re criticizing him for not tanking + the difficulty of getting players to willingly come to Toronto.

word-oh.gif

When it finally clicks that Jordan Poole and Ayton are the same person and that's why @RustyShackleford hates Poole so much because he has no choice but to root for Ayton. So this Poole hate is for Poole AND Ayton.

Overpaid young player who thinks he's better than what he is surrounded by better, and more accomplished vets who is soft and doesn't play defense and pouts when he doesn't get his way.
This might be the last one I have in the chamber when I meet my mightiest opp once again
Getting ready for tonight famb?

Because I am...
genki-dama-spirit-bomb.gif
I'm here and the party will GO ON

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Back
Top Bottom