The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

KD got traded after the 2019 season
They lucked up in 2022 because nearly all of the contenders had major injuries
Besides 2022 they’ve been mediocre to slightly above average at best

1684012722707.png
I mean, Klay was hurt for 2 whole seasons after they got beat by the Raptors lol. The season he returned they won

Blaming Kerr's offense is a lil misplaced especially since they went on ball a lot with Steph anyway

Here are my thoughts on the Dubz

1. Klay and Dray should only be offered extremely team friendly deals. Neither should be paid like a top guy.

2. Poole has lots of talent but until the 🥊 is addressed in a real way then I don’t think he really wants to be there and probably should’ve asked for a trade.

3. Under the new CBA they need to move Klay, Dray or Wiggins to get the flexibility to go after a true #2.

4. The Dubz gave up too soon on Wiseman. Having the potential to have a Big that could get points and defend against AD would’ve helped. They know they have a limited window but you don’t draft practically a high school kid and trade him so soon

5. Every championship involves a lot of luck so comments on either side about asterisks and injuries isn’t fair but winning last year delayed them making moves before the new CBA. Dray should’ve been moved in the off-season.

Looking back on it, feel like the general consensus was that the Warriors’ prospects for repeating were not particularly good after “the punch”. Then they were mediocre most of the year even before Wiggins went MIA. Them beating Sacramento probably bumped up expectations to an unwarranted level, including for me (and excluding most Lakers fans on here).

I think only one of his videos ever made me really laugh, otherwise its a chuckle here and there. He just be doing the most or just yelling some dumb ****. Or he just be draggin it and its unnecessarily long.

They're an acquired taste for sure :lol:

And tbh the best ones are when the Lakers are trash and he's acting as Bron going off on ******.

I mean, Klay was hurt for 2 whole seasons after they got beat by the Raptors lol. The season he returned they won

Blaming Kerr's offense is a lil misplaced especially since they went on ball a lot with Steph anyway
Andrew Wiggins is the reason they won in 2022 not Klay Thompson

KD is better than Klay so if KD says the offense was wack then the offense was wack

I think the Warriors are using the MJ Bulls approach when it comes to building and maintaining championship teams which isn’t wrong. Keep your primary guys and supplement with young or old talent. The challenge with this approach is that you have to hope that your top guys stay healthy and their performance doesn’t dip too drastically . The Bulls championship teams were very fortunate in that MJ and Pip didn’t suffer major injuries and their performance didn’t dip. When they lacked a rebounder and defense when Horace left they picked up Rodman. The Warriors have Steph and his performance hasn’t dipped but Dray’s and Klay’s certainly has and until they address that things will get more difficult

Back
Top Bottom