The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

I know the Lakers will be starting a player Denver doesn’t have to guard, but the nuggets will be starting 3 players that the Lakers will attack all day.

💯

So much of the conversation about the series has been about how the Lakers will guard Jokic but there doesn't seem to be much conversation about how Denver will guard the Lakers. It's not like Denver has a bunch of defensive stallworths on their roster.

In 2020 The Lakers had success throwing bigs at Jokic to bother him and Anthony Davis did a good job of getting Jokic in foul trouble. Also, AD absolutely cooked Jokic offensively.

Obviously Jokic is a much better player than he was back then but I think the opportunity to exploit him defensively still exists exploit him defensively still exists

Last edited:
That sounds about right for George

The fact that a Hall of Fame coach like George Karl has antagonistic back and forth arguments with random Twitter users tells me that all of the negative things people say about him are true. George comes across like a petty, a small man.

He's been having a back and forth with LakersGuru for years. I'm like "George, you're 80 years old, why do you care what random people on the internet say about you?!"

💯

So much of the conversation about the series has been about how the Lakers will guard Jokic but there doesn't seem to be much conversation about how Denver will guard the Lakers. It's not like Denver has a bunch of defensive stallworths on their roster.

The fact that a Hall of Fame coach like George Karl has antagonistic back and forth arguments with random Twitter users tells me that all of the negative things people say about him are true. George comes across like a petty, a small man.

He's been having a back and forth with LakersGuru for years. I'm like "George, you're 80 years old, why do you care what random people on the internet say about you?!"

George Karl makes me angry. He got a second chance at life after surviving cancer (lots of people don't get this chance) and he is wasting his time on petty and silly things.

That Guru Lakers guy is a weirdo though. Rare George Karl W

Of course guru is a weirdo but every fan base has guys like him. He's one of a thousand Laker Twitter trolls. It's just weird that an elderly man is so offended by a Twitter troll cracking jokes on him that he's willing to go back and forth with him for years.

SAS is correct.

Can't be mental health in one breath and troll IG posts in another.

So SAS and Skip both have podcasts where they act like uncles and rant on the days topics?

Ben Simmons is one of the greatest finesse. Hailed as the next Lebron. And getting that max contract that the Nets are stuck with while home boy is terrified to take a shot or seek out a shooting coach for these long off seasons.

Really glad Miami no longer has the Butler/Tucker duo defensively. That gave The Jays problems. Now Boston has more players to target and pick on.

Nuggets have to be the favorites to win the title right now. They’re the only team out of the 4 that haven’t looked like they’ve been in any real danger
they have played trash teams in the playoffs so far.

they would not beat the celtics if they get to the finals

Back
Top Bottom