The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

Stop crying.

giphy.gif
Happy tears. Glenn is gone

Seems like the NBA is really a rinse and repeat league when it comes to coaches. I hope more assistant coaches and lesser known guys get a chance
I feel like the league has gotten somewhat better in this way than it used to be. Assistants are getting more chances to be HCs than the used to, like Willie Green in NO and the guy in OKC, Mazulla, etc.

Still too many retreads though, IMO.

Ja is really the new Iverson as far as play and impact on the "culture"

The reason AI resonated with so many people is because he was being authentic. Ja is trying his hardest to cultivate a tough guy image from the rap music he listens to. It's actually kind of sad

I feel like the league has gotten somewhat better in this way than it used to be. Assistants are getting more chances to be HCs than the used to, like Willie Green in NO and the guy in OKC, Mazulla, etc.

Still too many retreads though, IMO.
I agree with you that things are a little bit better than what they used to be. With Mazulla I'm not sure he gets the job if the Celtics weren't playing well and Willie and the OKC coach are in the exact jobs that these young coaches needed. Lower pressure opportunities with solid rosters and management recognizing that coaching isn't the problem.

Off topic.
But this White Men Can't Jump movie looks horrible.

it looks like disney-fied low budget TV version of the original.

Woody Harrelson, Rosie Perez, Wesley Snipes is an insane big 3 for a romantic comedy.
insane levels of charisma + comedy and dramatic chops.

and this one is giving us Jack Harlow, and a non charismatic no name black lead.

Whose idea was this?

Off topic.
But this White Men Can't Jump movie looks horrible.

it looks like disney-fied low budget TV version of the original.

Woody Harrelson, Rosie Perez, Wesley Snipes is an insane big 3 for a romantic comedy.
insane levels of charisma + comedy and dramatic chops.

and this one is giving us Jack Harlow, and a non charismatic no name black lead.

Whose idea was this?
Sounded interesting at first but it was a HARD pass for me as soon as I saw Kenya Barris was involved :lol:

Still glad to see Calmatic get that sort of opportunity in movies though

Back
Top Bottom