The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

Just checked the schedule, Lakers playing Kiwi and the Clippers next.

keenan-snl.gif

You talk different on the internet than you do in real life?
I talk different in different settings, whether online or in real life. We all do. Only some acknowledge that. 'Not me. I talk & type exactly the same, all the time.' Yeah no one who is regularly online actually does that.

-foe

You realize that AAVE is a language, right? And why Black people who have been told that it wasn’t “proper English” or was lesser than the King’s English would understandably be upset at white people now using it to try and sound cool on the internet, right? It’s not “gatekeeping”. You’re the one actually sounding weird and honestly ignorant here.
Question: what if it's not trying to sound cool?

Just... what if? It's a simple question. 'You're just trying to sound cool' is an assumption, a bold one at that. What if that's not it?

-foe

I talk different in different settings, whether online or in real life. We all do. Only some acknowledge that. 'Not me. I talk & type exactly the same, all the time.' Yeah no one who is regularly online actually does that.

-foe
Ok - you talk different in non-professional settings online than you do in person? Thought that part was obvious, but go ahead and clarify.

Fell asleep in the 1st. Woke up to the inevitable Lakers collapse in the 3rd. Will be back asleep before the 4th. :pimp:

Lakers in the late spot on national TV is good for the health.

Question: what if it's not trying to sound cool?

Just... what if? It's a simple question. 'You're just trying to sound cool' is an assumption, a bold one at that. What if that's not it?

-foe
I don’t think that the intent matters, tbh. It’s AAVE. It’s not your language. And you tried to write it off as how people talk “on the internet” — further minimizing the fact that is it’s own distinct language and playing into the same issues that I and others have pointed out to you about why people may take offense to it.

Back
Top Bottom