The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

I mean, I understood the subtext of his comment. There’s no prosecution — it’s a conversation. The mockery was to show how silly the usage sounded. Let’s not try and make yourself a victim here. You could easily just say that you agree that you probably shouldn’t be using AAVE and you see how it could come off to a thread of mostly Black posters. Easy thing for you to do, Mr. Mod.
And you could easily say you understand that not all contexts are the same. It's very easy to say 'It's very easy for you to do what I want and we can be done here.' Trying to understand instead of insisting on what you want? Little more effort required there.

Don't try to make myself the victim? Don't try to make it that I'm trying to make myself the victim here. Very much aware of the narrative that language comes from. That doesn't mean it's true.

It's just conversation.

-foe

vince-carter-its-over.gif

Just noticed Westbrook with only one sleeve. Hes been doing double sleeves for like the past 8 seasons or something no? This suppose to help his shooting mishaps?

And you could easily say you understand not all contexts ate the same. It's very easy to say 'It's very easy for you to do what I want and we can be done here.' Trying to understand instead of insisting on what you want? Little more effort required there.

Make myself the victim? Very much aware of the narrative that language comes from. That doesn't mean it's true.

It's just conversation.

-foe
What context is it ok for you to use AAVE?

The rest of this is word salad.

Back
Top Bottom