The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

Heyyyy but lebron will be breaking more records this season from what I understand. Surely it isn't all doom and gloom for the purple & gold.

Ok - you talk different in non-professional settings online than you do in person?
Yes, depending on the company I'm in and location I'm at. Been like that my whole life, because I grew up in foster care in different locations, from black foster patterns in Monrovia & Pacoima to Hispanic foster parents in Fontana & Etiwanda.

-foe

FfZzH8eUAAAId-q

you tried to write it off as how people talk “on the internet”
No, I didn't. I mentioned the internet. That wasn't an attempt at writing anything off.

When do we talk about the fact that cultural appropriation want what BLL's angle was in the first place, but that's what the prosecution has morphed the conversation into? His original angle was simply mockery and 'Malibu's Most Wanted', not, 'Yeah, I don't think you should be using AAVE.'

-foe

No, I didn't. I mentioned the internet. That wasn't an attempt at writing anything off.

When do we talk about the fact that cultural appropriation want what BLL's angle was in the first place, but that's what the prosecution has morphed the conversation into? His original angle was simply mockery and 'Malibu's Most Wanted', not, 'Yeah, I don't think you should be using AAVE.'

-foe
I mean, I understood the subtext of his comment. There’s no prosecution — it’s a conversation. The mockery was to show how silly the usage sounded. Let’s not try and make yourself a victim here. You could easily just say that you agree that you probably shouldn’t be using AAVE and you see how it could come off to a thread of mostly Black posters. Easy thing for you to do, Mr. Mod.

Back
Top Bottom