The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

Bradley Beal has a FIFTY SEVEN MILLION DOLLAR player option in 2026-27 and a 15% trade kicker. ON TOP OF THAT, they gave him a no trade clause. Only the tenth player in league history to receive a NTC, and the only active player to have one.

Moving him is going to be much easier said than done.
Damn, I forgot about the trade kicker. storm2006 storm2006 you win :lol:

352378494_669966935146368_2443835805531439874_n.jpg

Shawty need to relax ….. it’s like the first 2 days it was sad and entertaining, but she going out sad like most adult stars …. Move on

Bradley Beal has a FIFTY SEVEN MILLION DOLLAR player option in 2026-27 and a 15% trade kicker. ON TOP OF THAT, they gave him a no trade clause. Only the tenth player in league history to receive a NTC, and the only active player to have one.

Moving him is going to be much easier said than done.

Not only do the Wizards have to trade Brad to a team of his choosing, if they trade him there is a 15% kicker as well?

I've never understood these one-sided deals that teams sign. Were there a bunch of suitors lining up to pay Bradley Beal max money, let alone the other stipulations? The Wizards were negotiating against themselves in a race to sign the worst deal possible.

Given Brad's injury history and ridiculous contract, I can't imagine any team would want to sign up for this

Sounds like a full rebuild is in the plans for the Wizards based on the presser they just had, but it's tough with Porzingis and Kuzma set to be free agents.

Do you just let them walk for nothing, or re-sign them to trade them soon after?

Sounds like a full rebuild is in the plans for the Wizards based on the presser they just had, but it's tough with Porzingis and Kuzma set to be free agents.

Do you just let them walk for nothing, or re-sign them to trade them soon after?
Let them walk, IMO. Unless you can get Kuz on a more reasonable deal but he has no incentive for that.

Just let em walk, the Wiz will mess up the sign and trade or even worse end up stuck with those 2 while trying to “rebuild”

They need a full blank canvas, including a name and ownership change

Damn, I forgot about the trade kicker. storm2006 storm2006 you win :lol:

Not only do the Wizards have to trade Brad to a team of his choosing, if they trade him there is a 15% kicker as well?

Regardless of whether a trade kicker is set at a fixed amount or a percentage, the bonus can’t exceed 15% of the remaining value of the contract. Most trade kickers are worth 15%, the highest percentage allowed.

A trade bonus must be paid by the team that trades the player, rather than the team acquiring him. The current Collective Bargaining Agreement also allows a player to waive his trade kicker as part of a deal, if he so chooses.

He has a NTC so he can only be traded to a team of his choosing. If he did decide to greenlight the trade, per the CBA, I am sure he would waive the kicker to facilitate the deal because it is a team that he choose. A NTC AND a trade kicker is doing the most but in theory, if he wants out to a certain team, he will waive it if necessary for the deal to go through

Let them walk, IMO. Unless you can get Kuz on a more reasonable deal but he has no incentive for that.
Just let em walk, the Wiz will mess up the sign and trade or even worse end up stuck with those 2 while trying to “rebuild”

Could see Porzingis in OKC or Houston, and Kuzma in Utah or Detroit.

Yup. If you are the Wizards and you're doing a deal with Miami would you take Herro and his 4/$120MM extension or Kyle Lowry and his $30MM expiring? MIA can offer up to 3 FRPs and swaps as well fwiw. That Lowry expiring gives them a true blank canvas next summer and if I'm the GM I would definitely explore that because it buys him at least 3-5 years of job security.

Sounds like a full rebuild is in the plans for the Wizards based on the presser they just had

Which makes the Beal extension even worse from Washington's perspective. Obviously any player is taking that offer but to go from committing to Beal to full rebuild in one year, without any unforeseen events happening, is crazy.

Very tough to do a true, full rebuild with mid-late lotto picks and one player taking up 33% of the cap.

Wanna know the saddest story you can write with the fewest words?

"My failed butt reduction surgery"
Shawty need to relax ….. it’s like the first 2 days it was sad and entertaining, but she going out sad like most adult stars …. Move on

Yo know what, now that I think about it....maybe she's doing all this this because she's trying to get the B R A Z Z E R S check like Stormy Daniels did after news of the Trump sex scandal broke. She's out of options so she's running the only money play she has left. Get enough traction that the pron community catches on and she gets into some videos on some mainstream platforms. May lead to her getting a second chance in the scamming athletes game.

Great year to start the tank for the Wiz.

Got teams with picks in the lotto who are trying to win. Plus 2025 draft looks good.

Interesting. Middleton can opt out too. Milwaukee gotta make some moves to retool
I think Middleton will opt out to take a paycut, but get a three year deal. Lopez will be interesting, but I think they will keep him.

Wonder if they shop Jrue though. Especially since he said he would retire in two years.

Which makes the Beal extension even worse from Washington's perspective. Obviously any player is taking that offer but to go from committing to Beal to full rebuild in one year, without any unforeseen events happening, is crazy.

Very tough to do a true, full rebuild with mid-late lotto picks and one player taking up 33% of the cap.

The President who declared a full rebuild wasn't the same guy who thought it was a good idea to give Beal that contract. He no doubt inherited a ****** situation and very much to your point, a full rebuild will require moving Beal which isn't unimaginable right now. Those talks will surely pick up between now and July 1st.

Back
Top Bottom