The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

Obviously you understand how “Chinese slang” isn’t a good parallel to AAVE. I can speak French slang words and not be appropriating French culture — we both understand how AAVE is uniquely different here
Obviously? I wouldn't waste your time or mine by intentionally using a parallel that I knew wasn't a parallel.

Now, if you intend to respond either mentally or literally with something along the lines of "The relationship that white people have with the Chinese is markedly different than the relationship white people have with black people," remember: I mentioned the Chinese but I didn't mention white people, and you don't know my skin color. I am an internet screen name, as are you.

A hypothetical and a question, should you feel so inclined: Let's say someone was brand new to the site, literally just joined today. Let's say their very 1st post was to quote what you just said and reply "obfuscate? Well you're obviously white." Would you take exception?

-foe

abuelo-simpson.gif

Thank god for my Phillies

Was switching back and forth once i seen the ISO for a few plays in 2nd half straight that was enough for me

Phils stayed on for rest of the night

Game was blown open in the 3rd after some lazy transition defense, several times where GS did NOT have numbers, the Lakers just didn’t get back.

2 playoff wins the past 2 years and you’re getting out-hustled….. by the defending champs? :lol:

They’d be in a MUCH better place if they prioritized lightening Bron’s defensive load instead of thinking about offense & trying to find someone to get Bron off the ball more.

That’s not even a hindsight is 20/20 take either :lol:

Lakers deserve all this that’s coming to them. The ownership group. Jim, Jesse, Joey are all terrible owners. They take advice from worst executive in the league Rambis and hired a buffoon in Pelinka. What did you expect? The next 5 years or so are gonna be brutal and honestly, the only thing that makes me happy is that laker fans will prob be booing them at the first chance they get on Thursday

Lakers need to blow it up. Can’t afford to give up picks when your best player is 38. AD not durable enough to carry you. Bron too old to carry you. GM out here a covert ALA spy.

Thank god for my Phillies

Was switching back and forth once i seen the ISO for a few plays in 2nd half straight that was enough for me

Phils stayed on for rest of the night

When Harden gave it to Tobi for the iso, I lost it. Doc, is that your game plan? Have each player take turns to iso? Nash can do that.

Lakers need to blow it up. Can’t afford to give up picks when your best player is 38. AD not durable enough to carry you. Bron too old to carry you. GM out here a covert ALA spy.
Has there been a less talented "playoff contending" team from a purely shooting the basketball perspective in the modern era?

Has there been a less talented team from a purely shooting the basketball perspective in the modern era?

I can’t think of a team and that’s on the GM. But again Bron signed off on Russ. They are stuck and might be a .500 team. What’s the point? Don’t think there’s a deal they would make either. And I love it

I told MLGA reaves couldn’t shoot but they don’t want to listen.

I can’t think of a team and that’s on the GM. But again Bron signed off on Russ. They are stuck and might be a .500 team. What’s the point? Don’t think there’s a deal they would make either. And I love it

I told MLGA reaves couldn’t shoot but they don’t want to listen.
Imagine building a roster where Pat Beverley is your best shooter and thinking you're gonna be a playoff team.

Couldn't be me.

Lakers deserve all this that’s coming to them. The ownership group. Jim, Jesse, Joey are all terrible owners. They take advice from worst executive in the league Rambis and hired a buffoon in Pelinka. What did you expect? The next 5 years or so are gonna be brutal and honestly, the only thing that makes me happy is that laker fans will prob be booing them at the first chance they get on Thursday
Agreed on all counts. Every word.

-foe

Back
Top Bottom