The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

f8850ceb55e3458c2715b2a025c0f107.jpg

Haliburton trippin talking about 65 game rule. I thought the league shoulda put it at 70. It used to be normal when you look at dudes stats to see at least 72+ games played, that **** is almost rare now.
He got a legit hamstring injury and tried to come back early.. now he's on a minutes restriction playing 20-25 minutes just so he can hit the games limit. He'll miss out on 40 million if he doesn't get all-NBA. Rather him just rest, than play hurt like Embiid. I'm all for getting players to play more, but if they got a legit injury there should be some medical exemption (sign off from a doctor or something)

Need to hook Darvin up with access to UWM and maybe Mateen Cleaves/Ishbia can do something for the embattled coach.

Listening to Mat Ishbia and Mateen Cleaves rn talking about Coach Izzo and why players play for him and respect him.

The main take away - Izzo teaches and coaches with PASSION, and most importantly he shows full commitment in making his players better at executing what he teaches them.

The cherry on top? Ishbia stated these qualities permeate all levels of life, whether you're coaching high school, college, or the pros. Coaching is coaching.

"The fish don't just jump in the boat. You gotta actually go out and fish."
-Ishbia

Translation: "the players ain't gonna respect you just cause you were an assistant on the Bucks and won a chip. You gotta go out and coach to earn their respect so they execute with full intention"

Sadly, Ham aint learned this yet. And the Lakers don't have time to wait for him to learn to take off his training wheels.

20240131_094501.jpg
20240131_094631.jpg

One sentence, and one sentence only

Impact Bigs are the key to winning a championship in this league.

Trading for Gasol midsewson and being that final missing piece for the Raptors was the trade of the year that year. Lakers need to do the same this season and get them that big man who will help AD and Bron much like Gasol impacted Kawhi, Siakam, and Lowry.

Look how much better BOS is with Porzingis and Big Queta helping Horford than they were with the oft injured Timelord and the undersized Grant Williams

Last edited:
Thats $40M on the line and he’s been either the best or second best PG in the East. I need all my money.
I get that and his injury is legit but this is the aftermath of Kyrie, Kawhi, AD going back to the spurs making it a joke. It ain't a coincidence that all of a sudden Kawhi and AD are more available then ever.

Need your money, you need to play.

Can’t say you’re one of the best 15 players in the league if you can’t manage to play at least 80% of the games

Back
Top Bottom