The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

Wild.

I would welcome a change of scenery for him to end his career but at the same time I like seeing him suffer.

I feel like we should make the major changes in the summer. While the team is actually good (better than most think), the rockets are still no where near contention. Rushing to trade for Mikal is not the answer. The rockets net rating says they are about a 46 win team but they are severely underperforming due to injuries. Trade for a backup center, let Tari get back on the court, and the team will look vastly better.

He's been playing very well for the last week, 52% FG, 96% FT and crashing the boards like crazy. He shot 41.6% last year, and he's at 41.4% this year now. League average for shooting guards this season is 45%. He's got plenty of opportunities, high volume, starting, big minutes for 3 years now. Even "late bloomers" like PG show significant improvement by year 3. I'm rooting for Jalen Green, but i'd sell high and free Cam Whitmore/Amen Thompson

I can't get over Doc thinking that Dame inbounding the ball, down 3, with 5 seconds left, was the right move.

Saw that last night and was befuddled and to make matters worse Dame inbounded it to Yanni who was fouled immediately.

Yanni missed the first FT and he had to intentionally miss the second on a last ditch effort.

Why not have Yanni inbound the ball to Dame and have him get a running start?

Doc in playoff form.

Can almost hear him throwing players under the bus already. :lol:

I can't get over Doc thinking that Dame inbounding the ball, down 3, with 5 seconds left, was the right move.
It was the same play the Bucks ran for the Lillard game winner vs the Kings a few weeks ago.

Smart on the Blazers' end to foul Giannis up three instead of trying to chance it.

It was the same play the Bucks ran for the Lillard game winner vs the Kings a few weeks ago.

Smart on the Blazers' end to foul Giannis up three instead of trying to chance it.
I mean Doc had to know that Giannis was going to get fouled. Immediately. At least if it's in Dame's hands the free throws are automatic. Or he gets free for a shot.

Doesn't matter though since the Blazers locked Dame up the previous possession and forced Brook into that 3 instead 8)

I mean Doc had to know that Giannis was going to get fouled. Immediately. At least if it's in Dame's hands the free throws are automatic. Or he gets free for a shot.

Doesn't matter though since the Blazers locked Dame up the previous possession and forced Brook into that 3 instead 8)
Some coaches (Darvin Ham) are dumb and will let the defense play out the possession. Not sure if that's Billups' approach most nights though.

Congrats Noseky. This got you out of hibernation. Stay strong bro.

All-Star Reserves are announced today.

Mine:
East
Backcourt: Jalen Brunson, Donovan Mitchell
Frontcourt: Bam Adebayo, Jaylen Brown, Julius Randle
Wildcard: Tyrese Maxey, Paolo Banchero

West
Backcourt: Anthony Edwards, Devin Booker
Frontcourt: Anthony Davis, Kawhi Leonard, Paul George
Wildcard: Steph Curry, Domantas Sabonis

Did you see on Tuesday the TNT B team made their selections and none of them selected Randle.

Back
Top Bottom