The Official NBA Season Thread: NBA announces new media deal / WBD sues the league

very easy to get the defender to leave his feet for a contest then throw it at the rim/backboard strategically missing for an easy tip in. Plus 1 on 1 is big ego, you can't score on me/you can't stop me, you miss the shot i stopped you, i won that posession, now my ball up top you try to stop me. When we played with the college kids too sometimes we'd play 2 or 3 dribbles max and that was before the advent of the 3rd party inbounder, so usually all you'd end up with is a stepback, sidestep, or pullup. Maybe get a rip through and all the way to the basket if theyre dumb reachy and tryna rip you just standing there at the top of the key like in a jab series or something

I’ve been playing that way for some time. Like the ball don’t stop homie said, it’s about your hesi tween tween footwork over both shoulders touch around the basket, not your hustle. Also checking up means you can’t get a long rebound and then spot up

Its why basic fundamentals of boxing out and rebounding in general are gone.

Everyone just wants to do double step backs and chuck away.

I only play that way when I'm crazy tired. A regular 1 v 1, no one in NYC is really doing that.

Its why basic fundamentals of boxing out and rebounding in general are gone.

Everyone just wants to do double step backs and chuck away.

I only play that way when I'm crazy tired. A regular 1 v 1, no one in NYC is really doing that.
What makes you think boxing out and rebounding fundamentals are gone?

And we put a 3 dribble limit on everything.

very easy to get the defender to leave his feet for a contest then throw it at the rim/backboard strategically missing for an easy tip in. Plus 1 on 1 is big ego, you can't score on me/you can't stop me, you miss the shot i stopped you, i won that posession, now my ball up top you try to stop me. When we played with the college kids too sometimes we'd play 2 or 3 dribbles max and that was before the advent of the 3rd party inbounder, so usually all you'd end up with is a stepback, sidestep, or pullup. Maybe get a rip through and all the way to the basket if theyre dumb reachy and tryna rip you just standing there at the top of the key like in a jab series or something
This is why these kids and got no gas tank nor perseverance to power through an *** whooping.

“1 v 1” with all these rules and limits sounds more like a kind of practice drill than a game. (To an old head like myself).

What makes you think boxing out and rebounding fundamentals are gone?

And we put a 3 dribble limit on everything.

Three dibble limit I get it. Different game type, more of a drill.

We see it all the time though. People just don't go for rebounds. Kids grow up with a lot of tendencies established from early 1 v 1s. There are other parts of the game. Hustle, stamina, rebounding, etc.

This no offensive rebounds leads to bad habits like laziness, not following your shot, not boxing out, etc.

Different topic, but forget the NBA. The kid who hustles his *** off or the kid who's strictly a shooter will ALWAYS make the team over the iso kid who lacks everything else.

Three dibble limit I get it. Different game type, more of a drill.

We see it all the time though. People just don't go for rebounds. Kids grow up with a lot of tendencies established from early 1 v 1s. There are other parts of the game. Hustle, stamina, rebounding, etc.

This no offensive rebounds leads to bad habits like laziness, not following your shot, not boxing out, etc.

Different topic, but forget the NBA. The kid who hustles his *** off or the kid who's strictly a shooter will ALWAYS make the team over the iso kid who lacks everything else.
These kids still exist. They will always exist. Don’t let your inner old head trick you into thinking kids aren’t playing as hard. There’s way more money on the line these days at a younger level.

Following your shot is a fake fundamental. Especially on the perimeter. You’re giving up transition buckets every time you do that.

The game will still always be about creativity the higher you get. Your hustle man needs to learn have some skills. Your shooter needs to know how to score when he gets chased off the line

Last edited:
IMG_8356.jpeg
This is why Adam took the NBA from them.

Back
Top Bottom