The Official NBA Season Thread: NBA announces new media deal / WBD sues the league

During quarantine I put $200 on the Arizona Cardinals in a madden simulation. It was a dark time so don't judge lol...

Anyway cardinals were down 24-20 with the ball on the LA 20 with like 25 seconds left. No timeouts.

Murray called hike and stood in the pocket for like 10 seconds. Then scrambled. Got 2 yards and slid

Clock ran out

I stopped gambling on video games that day.

What a waste lol

:lol: is shaq doing this on purpose?

FWxsStfVQAAo-Yw.jpg

Increases injuries, creates bad habits, also turns basketball which used to be a low barrier of entry sport into a sport with financial barriers.

Can’t believe I’m argeeing with you - but here I am.

Kid’s shouldn’t have to “pay to play” Basketball - It’s absurd.

Does every single thing God damn thing here have to be about money man?

It’s ridiculous.

None of those teams except the Clippers are even interested in acquiring Westbrook. After what we've seen for the last year and a half, I'm surprised any playoff contender would want him. I guess the Clippers are desperate for ball handler but I expect this to be a minor upgrade over John Wall.

I do agree with Gilbert that there is a sense of urgency with Phoenix winning a title this year or next year at the latest. At the end of the day, Phoenix is still relying on a 38-year-old injury pro Chris Paul and the 34-year-old injury-prone Kevin Durant. Framing things around "the Suns have KD for next three seasons so They have a long title window" isn't accurate.

Fans and media members tend to overestimate the title window teams have. Remember when it felt like the Clippers were set up to be perennial title contenders? Similar to the Lakers, the Clippers title run was essentially the 19-20 and 20-21 seasons and now both teams title windows have essentially closed. Free agency, injuries and just bad luck are huge factors. The sun's need to win this year or next year because I don't see them being contenders in the 23-24 season and beyond

Back
Top Bottom