The Official NBA Season Thread: NBA announces new media deal / WBD sues the league

It's impressive how the clippers improve their roster every year and somehow keep getting worse. I definitely thought they were screwed like 3 years ago when they made that horrible trade for Morris but they've been able to get off of bad contracts and give their fans false hope every year since

Their best chance to do anything was that first year and they choked.

Whoa...

$30MM annually sounds about right but is that 5th year is too much?

The way today's NBA works, from a team perspective, I think even four year deals are too long. So I'd say a 5th year is definitely too much, but its good for the player if they can get it.

The way today's NBA works, from a team perspective, I think even four year deals are too long. So I'd say a 5th year is definitely too much, but its good for the player if they can get it.

I am glad I am not alone in this. Not sure how to implement it but they should explore ways to address the contract the situation. They made it financially enticing for players to stay in small markets but what's the point if those players just sign the long deal and a year or two into it ask for a trade to another team?

I know we are in the player empowerment era but it's becoming way too problematic. Historically, the reason why a lot of the good teams have been good is a result of continuity in roster, coaching, FO, etc. The Nuggets only have one championship but I would contend their continuity played a factor into that. If guys aren't sticking around then you don't have a chance to build that because you trade them then end up making coaching/FO changes to start over. The turnover also makes roster management more difficult from a financial perspective.

2-3 year deals are probably more fitting for the current environment if you want players to be empowered to go where they want AND want small markets to remain competitive. Shorter deals where the original team can only offer you the most money would really make the stars think before demanding out IMO.

they have wemby listed as 7'5 and can play sf/pf in 2k myteam. dont give the spurs any ideas man smh

1687452277752.png

Jerami Grant could've signed an extension (four years-$112M) during the season but is waiting until free agency.

I figured because there was a wink-wink deal between both sides that a contract was already agreed upon. Maybe a five year contract that is less than $150M, but has partial guarantees to protect both sides.

Jeremi Grant seems like a Pop guy. Wonder if the Spurs are going to overpay for one of these wings (Kuz, Grant, etc.) to put around Wemby.

I’d take super cool Kuz on the Spurs. I mean originally him and Clarkson was supposed to be traded for Klaw

Jeremi Grant seems like a Pop guy. Wonder if the Spurs are going to overpay for one of these wings (Kuz, Grant, etc.) to put around Wemby.
Him and Lillard are tight so I doubt it. I think Wemby is going to be a PF to protect his body anyways.

Nice guy, but he never broke any trade/news story.
No matter. People just need aomething to talk (see: whine) about.

Dudes be thirsty to break an unsubstantiated story that they probably just built off an exchange that happened at Paul George’s podcast and a few fans tweets afterward.

I really don’t belive anything of what these dudes say until it happens. Double in the off-season when they’re really desperate for a story with traction.

Him and Lillard are tight so I doubt it. I think Wemby is going to be a PF to protect his body anyways.

But if Lillard is on the way out...

Wemby is playing the 4, but outside of Brook Lopez are there any decent Cs on the FA market this summer?

portland might have a handshake type deal in place for grant

also, they kind of have to pay him to please dame after they draft @ 3

But if Lillard is on the way out...

Wemby is playing the 4, but outside of Brook Lopez are there any decent Cs on the FA market this summer?
Until I see Lillard say he wants out, I won't believe it. :lol:

Free agent centers are trash this summer besides Lopez and Poetl (don't think Masai sent out a first to not re-sign him). Think they'll bring back Collins as a stop-gap but they probably need another center anyways.

Back
Top Bottom