The only generational players have been:

Steph
Lebron
Kobe
Shaq
Michael
Bird
Magic

before that i’ll leave alone cuz it’s not the same league.

As of right now the next set of generational players looks to be Joker and Luka. And that’s just not as exciting honestly. To be generational you need to have the skill, stats, winning chips or getting to finals often, and also capture the hearts and minds of fans everywhere. Not really sure Joker ever will do that he can ever only do 3 out of those 4 required categories. Very hard for big men to do it. Luka has a chance.

I agree it looks bleak. The best 5 players carry the league and right now it’s the most uninspiring not fervent fan or inspiring sort of guys (Embiid, Luka, SGA, Joker, Giannis). Partly cuz they’re foreigners but mostly because of their play style. It’s not really very entertaining compared to the prior generational ones listed.

We need Wemby and Cooper Flagg to take over and be part of the Luka conversation

In this intensely hating *** era does it even matter :lol:

Fans seem to have accepted where the league is heading and the cap keeps increasing as more money is pouring in

We looking at this through the perspective of like hardcore fans or something?

Outtadabayou can’t guard Zingus.

Massive difference than just having to worry about Timelord who could only rim run.

I swear this thread only has peace when they Warriors are struggling
IMG_4247.gif

this has to be KPs best year in the league, no?
his fit with the celtics has been eye opening.
think it was the last game vs the wizards where he was doing anything he wanted - in the paint, from long, midrange even attacking the rim in a couple of plays

this has to be KPs best year in the league, no?
his fit with the celtics has been eye opening.
think it was the last game vs the wizards where he was doing anything he wanted - in the paint, from long, midrange even attacking the rim in a couple of plays
He did all this stuff last year too. Wizards just sucked.

Was like the best post scorer in the league statistically last year.

EDIT- Wilbon said he only played 36 games last season. It was actually 65 :lol:

Bam was somehow involved in injuring multiple Knicks throughout our games with them.

One of the under the radar dirtier players in the league.

miami has definitely been piling up a list of bodies to their resume
too many recurring situations that at the very least appear questionable

Draymond is anchoring the defense and making the Kuminga-Wiggins combo work (it had been terrible up until Draymond returned).
that would have made sense if the Warriors didn't turn last place in their conference with Steph being out. I'm not saying Dray is not contributing a good part of the Warriors defense but rather saying his importance is overvalued. besides, the Warriors were doing just the same with or without Draymond. they really need someone else. Draymond was getting butchered by other teams. and relying on one man on defense won't really make a lot of difference in general. it was taking one man with an unbelievable offensive skill to overcome that discrepancy on defense.

The Herro/Rozier backcourt is really, really bad defensively.

Gonna put a lot of pressure on Butler and Bam to make up for them.

KG wasn't generational?

The league is in shambles?

Are yall OK today?
you can add Kareem, Dr. J, Pistol Pete, Mchale, Pip, Stockon, Nash, Iverson, Admiral, Fundamental, Grant Hill, Penny, etc...

the disrespect......... tsk tsk tsk

Speaking of the Kobe off the backboard in msg ode from last night, that was also the same game from the Lin era

Kobe was such an odd persona especially with the media lmao. Trying to act like he didn’t know about Lin very anti lebronish but weirdly same energy if that makes sense

I love when players act like they don't know what's going on. Kobe was lying like I don't know what. COme on man. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom