The Official NBA Season Thread: NBA announces new media deal

I'm old enough to remember when Magic and Larry retired, same conversation. Even with MJ and the 90s stars people were saying the same thing. When MJ retired the first time we heard the same thing.

The NBA will always be a star driven league and guys will always rise up. The next generation of guys to carry the league will rise up. People say they aren't this player or that player but the same arguments were made against those named players when others retired.

1707674582743.png

Shaq/Kobe/Iverson were part of my childhood, but looking back they weren't on the level of Jordan. Don't think it was until Bron went to Miami that the league had a resurgence in the mid-2010s.

Edit:
Actually Lakers-Celtics in 2008 might've kicked things off.

Ain't nobody been on Mike's level :lol:

As a overall league I agree the Lakers/Celtics finals, Kobe vs the Big 3 brought a different level of interest cuz them finals before was... yeah. Once Lebron set off free agency it became a year league for the first time.

I'm old enough to remember when Magic and Larry retired, same conversation. Even with MJ and the 90s stars people were saying the same thing. When MJ retired the first time we heard the same thing.

The NBA will always be a star driven league and guys will always rise up. The next generation of guys to carry the league will rise up. People say they aren't this player or that player but the same arguments were made against those named players when others retired.
NBA was weak af between 94-95.

Also neither Steph or KD top 10

Unless you want to put them over Bill, Wilt, and Hakeem.

Kobe like 11.
Hakeem isnt top 10 on any list. Stop it.

Steph over bill and bird and magic to me. He's top 10.

Kobe is too.

No black and white era pre-3pt line pre-modern era players are top 10. It's not personal, but the game is so much farther than it was when they played it's basically a different sport

Ja was definitely next up and still is if he can stay outta trouble
would not be surprised if NBA pushes Anthony Edwards as the face of the league. silver should be pushing him to be all star mvp and making all kinds of appearances so casual fans know who he is

been saying Steph was better than magic. folks really thought it was a hot take :lol: he just needed those extra years to pad the stats and accolades after a slow start. steph is a damn cheat code. only a handful of guys in the history of the game built like that.

Antman has the tools to be the next SG face of the league at least and nowhere near his prime.

Paulo tho can be the best scorer in the league so there’s a couple in the running to be that guy to challenge the all time greats given health. That’s why he [Banchero] gotta get up outta Orlando asap.

On that note, Ja & Zion need to stay healthy and focused. Even still, both rely too heavily on athaleticism for my liking. Neither are close to being 2way talents but are close to unstoppable scorers.

Ja was definitely next up and still is if he can stay outta trouble
would not be surprised if NBA pushes Anthony Edwards as the face of the league. silver should be pushing him to be all star mvp and making all kinds of appearances so casual fans know who he is

Silver already messed up by giving the Wolves like 2 nationally televised games. No foresight.:smh: I'm sure they'll have a big uptick with that next season tho.

Ant has as good a shot as anyone who got next, but just keep the League healthy as a whole and that stuff takes care of itself.

The 2020-21 playoffs had no Steph and Lebron out in the 1st round and it was still a very entertaining playoffs 🤷‍♂️ League will be fine

Back
Top Bottom