The Official NBA Season Thread: Puerto Rico vs Serbia at 11:15 | USA vs South Sudan at 3

It’s literally just the regular reg season games until the ending. People complaining for no reason :lol:
Folks hate change mane…They was gon watch the game on a cold Nov Friday night anyway, but now wanna complain cuz they gotta see different jerseys and courts with a trophy on it :lol: :smh:

Some of the same folks that been crying about the regular season sucks and being meaningless too so the league gotta do something bout it, well here you go :lol:

I am not beyond taking down a grandmother
20231021_220731.jpg

Respectfully, the players have $500K on the line. They care.
Dont think there’s anyone debating that

More so if the league tries to make it seem like some sort of special accomplishment by winning it— that’s where the clowning (not complaining) comes into play.. But everything remains to be seen so we wait

another excuse for nike to make more jerseys?

They been making “City Edition” jerseys for a few years now.

NBA fans really hate the NBA

NBA ratings are pretty low.

I’d be watching tonight either way but when this tournament was first mentioned, I assumed it would be and look like a real tournament. Two “tournament” games a week and then your team is playing their regular games takes a way from the exclusive feeling. It won’t feel like it until the elimination games.

So from the way I understand it was the best way to get players to play early in the season since they were cheating the fans by missing games. As far as the tournament is concerned.

So having this tournament is something that the players essentially did to themselves.

Thank you CP.

The Clippers HAVE to go back to baby-blue uniforms with either orange or red. They’re beautiful man and represent the nautical theme.

Having 6 black jerseys right now makes NO sense.

1699049128473.jpeg

1699049237563.jpeg
The baby blue unis with nautical accents for the Clippers make too much thematic sense for a Nike NBA uniform. :lol: :rolleyes

So from the way I understand it was the best way to get players to play early in the season since they were cheating the fans by missing games. As far as the tournament is concerned.

So having this tournament is something that the players essentially did to themselves.
I don’t think it’s like some kind of punishment to the players lol

There’s extra cash on the line

It’s just a ploy by the league for optics and for them to make extra money too

The main problem fans seem to have with the play-in tournament is understanding that it holds no real significance. The regular season, playoffs, and finals still exist. The in-season tournament wasn't adequately explained, and beyond cash prizes for players and coaches, it's unclear what benefits it offers to the fans. The only outcome seems to be that fans of the winning team have to defend their victory even though the prize was essentially nothing.

I don’t think it’s like some kind of punishment to the players lol

There’s extra cash on the line

It’s just a ploy by the league for optics and for them to make extra money too
its all about money.

silver is banking on people buying that in season tourney merch lol

Its imperative the Lakers win this cup, I need history to state the Lakers won the 1st tournament and Austin reaves was the first Cup MVp.

And Tyrese Haliburton slipped and almost tore his ACL on the trophy decal.

That's why they removed it from the Finals.

And Tyrese Haliburton slipped and almost tore his ACL on the trophy decal.

That's why they removed it from the Finals.
It has to be different right? I have no clue

Because this would cause even more risk to more players :lol:

Back
Top Bottom