The Official NBA Season Thread: Puerto Rico vs Serbia at 11:15 | USA vs South Sudan at 3

Time for the fans to steal back the election. Make the NBA Allstar game great again. Time to vote in cats who will try. Stuffing the ballot for McClung and Thanasis next year.

From the "for the love of the game clause" to give us 5 mil so we can give a **** about the game...wild stuff.

Wait….Vaughn basically got canned since the players didn’t like Simmons being the focal point of the offense? Lol

Yea Simmons is a meme but the team allowing him to push the pace and actually feed the shooters in rhythm makes them a lot better.

Justice for Vaughn and Simmo

Time for the fans to steal back the election. Make the NBA Allstar game great again. Time to vote in cats who will try. Stuffing the ballot for McClung and Thanasis next year.
i agree
not voting for bums like jokic and luka who can't even dunk, midaswhale put me in

sure i think it's a terrible business decision,

Adam Silver should illustrate why it's terrible business decision, and he should do everything in his power to shame them,

The only way it is a bad business decision with that it lowers the market value of Silver being able to get a premium for the All-Star game in the TV deal. Given the size of the TV deal, the All-Star game would still be a relatively small amount, and the owners take half of that hit.

The monetary gain from a competitive All-Star game is not worth the risk to the players.

Might not make business sense from a pure revenue standpoint, but makes perfect economic sense to me

but I agree he should do something not just talk, fine them, come up loser award for the player who doesn't try.
something.

Handing out fines is ******** IMO

We talking about using the stick without even considering a carrot

Last edited:
look heres and NBA player trying in a meaningless game;

and here;

and here

NBA players seems to do this all the time and try in meaningless games.

These are NBA players, against mostly lesser competition

Cherry-picked examples posted to the internet

I have been to plenty of PRO-AM games that were trash

I am sure there are tons of trash UCLA runs that never made it to the internet too

1) At this point, you’re right. Buying a ticket to the game now is knowing what you’re gonna get. My counter to this is that it wasn’t always this way.

Competitive basketball, especially in the all star game, left with Kobe.

2) Again, you’re right, these cats don’t owe it to the retired players before them.

THEY OWE IT TO THE GAME ITSELF.

Especially when we see more intense basketball from these cats when they making they IG reels.
No, they don't

By that logic, every NBA player needs to go 100% every time. And we give them passes for not doing so other times.

Like, do they owe it to the game to play hard in the first game of pre-season too?

The only way it is a bad business decision with that it lowers the market value of Silver being able to get a premium for the All-Star game in the TV deal. Given the size of the TV deal, the All-Star game would still be a relatively small amount, and the owners take half of that hit.

I think putting up embarrassing performances during biggest promotional event on the league calendar on at a time when no other sports are on,
is bad for the league in a way that extends beyond the dollars and cents of how much the all star games gets in the TV Deal.

the league spends huge amounts of money on commercials marketing the league. the all star game is essentially one giant commercial for NBA basketball.
and it's horrible.

it's harder to measure, but I don't think it's smart business at all to pretend like it doesn't matter.

The monetary gain from a competitive All-Star game is not worth the risk to the players.

Might not make business sense from a pure revenue standpoint, but makes perfect economic sense to me
how many injuries have we had during the all star game? people act like this is a common thing. NBA player don't even play in it unless they are 100% healthy.
how did older player who had less rest, able to play harder and avoid injury?

I just don't think it's any serious risk at all, other than the risk of playing basketball.
which NBA player happily do for pro ams, open-runs private runs.

Handing out fines is bull**** IMO

We talking about using the stick without even considering a carrot
fine try carrot first, I just don't think it will work because NBA player make so much money.
imo this is fundamentally about what is cool to do and what isn't. its a social thing imo.

Three more days of this

ad170abb89eb83f6feb9d2b72c5585a5.gif

No, they don't

By that logic, every NBA player needs to go 100% every time. And we give them passes for not doing so other times.

Like, do they owe it to the game to play hard in the first game of pre-season too?

You’re the only one mentioning 100% bro

We saw 10% effort at the max.

And if you ask me, or anyone who atleast once respected this game, any time a cat step on the court, he should put forth some effort.

Have some damn integrity.

These are NBA players, against mostly lesser competition

Cherry-picked examples posted to the internet

I have been to plenty of PRO-AM games that were trash

I am sure there are tons of trash UCLA runs that never made it to the internet too

I didn't say the games are all good, the game can be bad the game can be good, but generally they give a minimum calibrated level effort,
enough to get a workout in but not enough to injure yourself.

and I don't think it's typical to see Rico hines runs where guys put up zero resistance.
I think NBA player are perfectly capable of calibrating there effort.

imo its just cool to not try at all during all star.

The IST will suffer the same fate next year like the Kobe MVP award.

People only put effort because it was first one.

The game sucks because the best players give absolutely no effort anymore. It is what it is.

IMO Jokic performance yesterday was disrespectful… it wasn’t funny at all.
He admitted it :lol:

GGrG-wIa4AAJAgE.jpeg

The honesty is cool but at that point, why not just decline the invite and let someone else get a chance

Back
Top Bottom