The Official NBA Season Thread: Rank the NBA Cities

Speaking of sig shoes A lot of people here have been hooping in these.

From what people told me they are basically perfomance wise like Kobe’s but can be had at retail. Kids now dont care about the brand and mix match gear like crazy . Kinda nice but weird to see

Then Kuz is in town here to try to get a couple of endorsements . His *** really though a fit because they have scoot a signature shoe over him.

Basically...the one downside I've experienced is that those plays are quiet, no one notices and you still gotta fight for a spot...when I moved gyms...it took about 3 months for people to notice "Hey, this guy is pretty good and makes winning plays". Thankfully, now I got a good rep but it took a while :lol:

Back in my teens and early 20's I used to pick up people full court in pick up to prove a point, especially at a new gym I wanna check the guy doing all the talking and taking all the shots.

Lets see how many stepbacks you can take after having to speed dribble up court every single possession. Now I'm 28 I don't do all that but I make all my players play full court man each practice. No zone outside of play review, man to man.

Back in my teens and early 20's I used to pick up people full court in pick up to prove a point, especially at a new gym I wanna check the guy doing all the talking and taking all the shots.

Lets see how many stepbacks you can take after having to speed dribble up court every single possession. Now I'm 28 I don't do all that but I make all my players play full court man each practice. No zone outside of play review, man to man.
I used to love when players played me like this. Respectfully, I would of shake you out your socks. 5 on 4, somebody is open. Bucket lol

Same, one of the best feeling is because they see a small guy like myself, they call switch/iso on me with full confidence talking smack. After a couple of possessions of missed shots and turnovers, they stop calling iso/ switching on me and they're just quiet. :lol:

1724686817464.png

No disrespect to the doctor and west but they aint have a game like this. Mike the template for all modern players. Look at the shin angles and the even the hanging on the shots.

obviously, they aren't as good as Michael, almost no one other than like 4 other people is.

All im saying is Mike wasn't great because he had some moves skills that were like alien to the time period,
his's skills developed along with the era.

obviously, they aren't as good as Michael, almost no one other than like 4 other people is.

All im saying is Mike wasn't great because he had some moves skills that were like alien to the time period,
his's skills developed along with the era.

That’s not true at all. He was an alien to them.

I know 6 year olds that can do this move.

if you’re around 30 and older and still hooping. Never go too hard on your moves. Its just not worth getting injuries and having a hard time on your real job. Not being able to drive cause you hurt your ankle :sick:

Was talking to a former pro for 10 plus years here . He was playing in a 40 and above league . This guy was in great shape works out plays pickup and is only 40. He popped his calf as he told me doing nothing in a game. Not running, not shooting or dribbling he just shifted his feet in anticapation of getting a pass

I got an appointment with a pt tomorrow.

That’s not true at all. He was an alien to them.

I know 6 year olds that can do this move.

was this move critical to Michael Jordans game, and part of what made him so great
or the announcers decided to glaze the golden child?

also given how often Magic Johnson used the wrap around dribble.i really doubt mike was the first to do this.
youre just going off the announcers statement in a world with no league pass.

was this move critical to Michael Jordans game, and part of what made him so great
or the announcers decided to glaze the golden child?

also given how often Magic Johnson used the wrap around dribble.i really doubt mike was the first to do this.
youre just going off the announcers statement in a world with no league pass.

If a 6'6 wing dunks from the free throw line at the dunk contest this year are any of us really going to care?

You know the answer.

Also you're admitting Jordan received and unnecessary praise and idolization? Interesting.

Watching that clip. Thinking of the hand switching in the first Lakers Final game. The dunk from the free throw line. That jumper. He truly was a special player.

Same as Lou Alcindor. Lou just didn’t have the PR and charisma.

But it’s been 22 or so years. Game has moved along. Athleticism and sports medicine at a higher level.

Watching that clip. Thinking of the hand switching in the first Lakers Final game. The dunk from the free throw line. That jumper. He truly was a special player.

Same as Lou Alcindor. Lou just didn’t have the PR and charisma.

But it’s been 22 or so years. Game has moved along. Athleticism and sports medicine at a higher level.

Exactly. It's just natural evolution of the game and the old heads just gotta accept it. Todays players are just better.

It's inevitable.

"The intelligent choice" is crazy...

Angel Reese/Caitlin Clark might got to hold this beer if Coop likes a Trump post or something

The younger generations hate on the old heads just as much as the old heads hate on the younger generation.

The hate would end if the old heads gave the younger gen their due but they see the contracts the young guys get and can't contain their jealousy so they lie.

Back
Top Bottom