The Official NBA Season Thread: Rank the NBA Cities

🔥

It’s funny cuz you from DC, and the DC CROSSOVER is what took the basketball world by storm, and changed ball handling as we know it through Victor Page(who taught AI the crossover) and Allen Iverson at Georgetown :lol:

But to me, we the originators of that. We called it the “dc cross” in 90a-2000. @frshstunna can attest to this

Vic Paige Legendary

But Dean Berry taught AI the crossover

Went to hoop last night. Kids over here doing these dumb double step backs, side step 3s, every other possession bricking none stop :smh:

Arguably the worst shots you can ever take. Who taught them this horrible move.

I was dominating per usual with my mid range pull ups and some kid was like "mid range master was def born in the 80s". Not even an 80s baby :smh:

Nike fumbled

This is good timing with Kawhi's fall.

Also, NB has been killing it with the Two WXY line. I've owned two pairs and prefer them over anything Nike produced the last couple of years.

No fancy tech, no gimmicks, it just works well and are very comfortable. Feels like a running shoe in basketball form. It's nice to be playing without thinking about the shoe.

Last edited:
Went to hoop last night. Kids over here doing these dumb double step backs, side step 3s, every other possession bricking none stop :smh:

I was dominating per usual with my mid range pull ups and some kid was like "mid range master was def born in the 80s". Not even an 80s baby :smh:

Tell me about it. I played horse with late teens and early 20 year olds and all they were doing were side step 3s, double step backs that they keep missing...I ended up beating them by doing simple hook shots, bank shots, and one where I was sitting down lol.

I won...but that officially earned me Uncc status at the gym. :lol:

Last edited:

mike-brown-huh.gif

Last edited:
Kinda wild being the presumptive #1 pick for what will be three years.
I started typing up counting chicken before eggs hatched. Kid has talent. But how we know next June he’s still the #1 draft pick? And if he’s going to become this huge star?

But this isn’t the first time lol. Remember Shaq getting the hype at UNLV. Then around the draft, Shattering back board glass on Ahmad Rashad.

Crazy because I was looking to sign up for rec league this fall. I just don't want to hurt myself. :lol:
Knees over toes, weight lifting (5/3/1 beginner or anything similar), and pick-up once/twice a week for a year, year and a half.

Then you can get back to it.

My boy tore his achilles recently. Gotta be mindful of your conditioning if you haven’t been consistently active since college.

Tell me about it. I played horse with late needs and early 20 year olds and all they were doing were side step 3s, double step backs that they keep missing...I ended up beating them by doing simple hook shots, bank shots, and one where I was sitting down lol.

I won...but that officially earned me Uncc status at the gym. :lol:

Everyone wants to embarrass their opponent today. Just make the simple play :lol:

We won 4/5 in a row just by regular jump shots and moving without the ball.

AAU

addict4sneakers addict4sneakers addict4sneakers addict4sneakers

Still doesn't excuse you for taking low percentage mid range jumpers.

I started typing up counting chicken before eggs hatched. Kid has talent. But how we know next June he’s still the #1 draft pick? And if he’s going to become this huge star?

But this isn’t the first time lol. Remember Shaq getting the hype at UNLV. Then around the draft, Shattering back board glass on Ahmad Rashad.

Hence my use of presumptive. Wemby was the #1 pick for three years. Not sure who else fits in recent memory besides Bron and maybe Oden.
What’s to hurt. You just stand there and watch them make a fool of themselves lol.
Definitley playing between the three point lines. :lol:
Knees over toes, weight lifting (5/3/1 beginner or anything similar), and pick-up once/twice a week for a year, year and a half.

Then you can get back to it.

My boy tore his achilles recently. Gotta be mindful of your conditioning if you haven’t been consistently active since college.
I go to the gym already, but I miss hooping. It be cool to meet new people too.

Also I don't really know what makes Michael Jordan a "modern" player.

Michael Jordan dribbled the basketball in pretty traditional way.
He was trained before they really loosened the carry rules, so he was relatively traditional.

what makes him "modern" compared to other players in the 80's 90s?
For me its his dribbling and his finishing. Also his pull up and even his jump shot form. The creativity as well. Players that didnt even watch MJ play like him cuz the player they idolized idolize Mike.

Everyone wants to embarrass their opponent today. Just make the simple play :lol:

We won 4/5 in a row just by regular jump shots and moving without the ball.

Basically...the one downside I've experienced is that those plays are quiet, no one notices and you still gotta fight for a spot...when I moved gyms...it took about 3 months for people to notice "Hey, this guy is pretty good and makes winning plays". Thankfully, now I got a good rep but it took a while :lol:

For me its his dribbling and his finishing. Also his pull up and even his jump shot form. The creativity as well. Players that didnt even watch MJ play like him cuz the player they idolized idolize Mike.

is his pull up form significantly different then say, Jerry West?

Was the finishing that different than say Julius Irving?

The ball handling rules loosened of the course of Mike's career, so I think he evolved with all the players at that time, he's just a superior athlete.

Its more strength than conditioning. As you age you have to load your tendons and joints with isometrics and slow eccentric lifts or they will get weaker. Also plyometrics, but you have to start LIGHTLY. Just don't start jumping like a fool or you will get tendonitis. Skips, barefoot hops, jump rope. I learned all these things after tearing my achilles. Crazy thing is I wasn't even hooping. It was a freak accident but the principals are the same. Stay strong and you will have longevity. Lebron taught us the way.

is his pull up form significantly different then say, Jerry West?

Was the finishing that different than say Julius Irving?

The ball handling rules loosened of the course of Mike's career, so I think he evolved with all the players at that time, he's just a superior athlete.

No disrespect to the doctor and west but they aint have a game like this. Mike the template for all modern players. Look at the shin angles and the even the hanging on the shots.

Back
Top Bottom