The Official NBA Season Thread: Rank the NBA Cities

Back to the ranking NBA cities convo, I have a general question for folks. I'm in this bubble so it's hard for me to be objective but what is/was/ever will be the overall thought of folks coming HERE (DC) to play?

What don't we have that keeps folks skipping over this city to come play for the Wizards?

I know the lack of success plays a role but what's stopping someone from coming and getting the party started?

I come in peace.

has any cold weather city really gotten free agents?
even New York has had tough time, usually only gets the second tier guys.

I don't think any cold weather non NY city is not going to be a consistent free agent destination.

Back to the ranking NBA cities convo, I have a general question for folks. I'm in this bubble so it's hard for me to be objective but what is/was/ever will be the overall thought of folks coming HERE (DC) to play?

What don't we have that keeps folks skipping over this city to come play for the Wizards?

I know the lack of success plays a role but what's stopping someone from coming and getting the party started?

I come in peace.
Weather and lack of historical franchise success are the things I can think of.

I come in peace.

DC is like Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, Memphis, Charlotte, Clippers of old etc.

All the trappings of what an NBA player lifestyle is about. But they really just gotta build a consistent winning culture, and have one of THOSE guys.

DC hasn’t had it since Wes Unseld. Think about that. John Wall was the closest, but he’s not that guy. Plus the ownership just don’t seem to have the profile yet, to attract FA talent.

If DC had a Harden, Luka, Ja type cat…plus some pieces in place, and good coaching & a front office that seemed to want to support, they’d be intriguing. But they simply don’t got that.

I really don't think weather plays a role. Guys on ~27 teams don't live in their team's city full time.

A bad team is a bad team. Even when Melo forced his way here, no one followed. Put together a couple years of executing a clear plan to show that the team is on the rise & the rest will fall into place.

Intentional to pad her rebound stats. Moses style. Right?

My issue with the whole Reese thing is people aren't allowed to have honest discourse about the topic.

If you say one thing about her, you get hit with the hating black women and uplifting white women card. One of my boys in my group chat gets pissed off anytime I post Pro CC and Anti-Reese stuff and he always runs to that same excuse.

has any cold weather city really gotten free agents?
even New York has had tough time, usually only gets the second tier guys.

I don't think any cold weather non NY city is not going to be a consistent free agent destination.
So you have to build through the draft & trades, like most champions are built anyway.

So it’s as simple as FO incompetence. You can get a guy but you still have to build around him, e.g. the knicks with Melo vs the knicks with Brunson

Angel got no bounce at all, And she’s left hand dominant.

She should do Mikan drills until her arms can’t move.

She’ll be fine tho. Pretty much figured it out at the highest level every -time and dominated.
Her shot angles suck. Some low IQ attempts too but it’s an adjustment period. She’s going to be solid though

Also, I would never subject myself to listening to a full hour of these NBA player podcasts (I respect myself too much) but of the clips I see on twitter, I can say Teague is by far the best as he doesn't take himself seriously and has the rare ability among these guys to actually laugh at himself.

Also, as much as his platform is xenophobic and toxic, Gil is good at what he does, and understands the "take" economy. Not sure he believes half of what he says but he's good at it, and knows how to frame things well for engagement.

Also, I would never subject myself to listening to a full hour of these NBA player podcasts (I respect myself too much) but of the clips I see on twitter, I can say Teague is by far the best as he doesn't take himself seriously and has the rare ability among these guys to actually laugh at himself.

Also, as much as his platform is xenophobic and toxic, Gil is good at what he does, and understands the "take" economy. Not sure he believes half of what he says but he's good at it, and knows how to frame things well for engagement.
As far as the hot takes, McCants is the star of that show. Followed by Jennings in a distant second.

Paul George has a very good podcast. You should disrespect yourself to listen to his.

Gils Arena takes are brain dead.

But it's obviously very well produced show. Gil is a mega talented broadcaster.

The host is good, Rashad McCants is a great foil. Are a lot of the takes nonsense? Yah but It's highly entertaining well produced nonesense.

I’m sure I’d find a lot of episodes of the various NBA player podcasts interesting, but I feel like I already devote a lot of my free time to consuming NBA-related content and don’t need to add more. That’s just me though.

If other people can’t get enough NBA content and want to listen to all the podcasts, cool.

I heard ESPN is looking to continue with more Summer League vibes for their NBA Finals presentation

So they'll probably go with Grant Hill

Breen+Legler
Mark Jones+Doris
Rucco+RJ

No need to complicate things. Probably a bad look to demote Doris after a year from the A team, but three people booths suck and she has infinitely more chemistry with Jones.

Back
Top Bottom