The Official NBA Season Thread: Rank the NBA Cities

"Good one."

IMG_0322.gif

Back to the ranking NBA cities convo, I have a general question for folks. I'm in this bubble so it's hard for me to be objective but what is/was/ever will be the overall thought of folks coming HERE (DC) to play?

What don't we have that keeps folks skipping over this city to come play for the Wizards?

I know the lack of success plays a role but what's stopping someone from coming and getting the party started?

I come in peace.

There’s Nothing To Do Here Anymore.

I Would Say That’s A Huge Turnoff.

Also, I would never subject myself to listening to a full hour of these NBA player podcasts (I respect myself too much) but of the clips I see on twitter, I can say Teague is by far the best as he doesn't take himself seriously and has the rare ability among these guys to actually laugh at himself.

Also, as much as his platform is xenophobic and toxic, Gil is good at what he does, and understands the "take" economy. Not sure he believes half of what he says but he's good at it, and knows how to frame things well for engagement.
The only one I sometimes will watch is Rasheed Wallace's but that's just because I like his co-host Trill Withers, but even then it's not my favorite.

I'm selling on these player podcasts hard

I get what Pat is trying to say, it aint that serious and if people are mad about that it just shows how sensitive the world is today about anything. That being said, CC looks regular but she 6 ft tall. That aint regular for a chick.
He didn’t phrase it super well, but yeah, it’s pretty clear what he’s getting at. If someone who didn’t know who she was saw CC just walking down the street in regular clothes, they wouldn’t guess her to he a professional athlete, even though she’s tall for a female. She’s kind of nondescript looking.

He didn’t phrase it super well, but yeah, it’s pretty clear what he’s getting at. If someone who didn’t know who she was saw CC just walking down the street in regular clothes, they wouldn’t guess her to he a professional athlete, even though she’s tall for a female. She’s kind of nondescript looking.
You could say that about like 85% of the league though. The majority of them are tall and slim.

Yeah, nothing wrong with the fact she looks plain. Body shamer activists go to hell too, I think Adam Sandler a regular looking dude and he aint exactly in shape. :lol:

People care about CC because she’s white and she’s nice at basketball. If you mean by “everyday woman” and you mean white, then sure.

But shes a tall PG and an even taller than the average woman

People care about CC cause what she did in college. :lol: You cant honestly believe she woudnt get as much hype and be as popular if she was black.

She gets points for the whole “look at what this white girl doing to the league”” but stuff like in general doesnt happen in womens college ball. She was gonna be popular no matter what.

Back
Top Bottom