The Official NBA Season Thread: Schedules Released

I was a kid at the MCI Center watching old *** MJ shooting them fadeways and jog up and down the court. He damn sure wasn't as dangerous as the one I saw on TV before. Old heads be glazing Mike. :smh:

He’s played 83 games over the last 4 seasons. Then look at Tony snells story where one more year of service gets his family full healthcare. Dwight Howard, wall and cousins been trying to get back for years.

Yous a wild boy telling a man not to follow his attainable dreams

How many of those 83 games were meaningful? I dont think IT’s dream is just benchwarming every team in the league. I aint tellin him not to chase his dreams, im just saying be realistic. :lol:

Dirk one legged fadeaway is a great example of how skill innovation actually works in basketball.
One player starts doing something, they have success with it, other player emulate it.

does anyone really think before Dirk no one could do a one legged fadeaway?
of course they could, it just never occurred to them.

Same thing works with every other skills, crossovers, hang dribbles, ect.

but people seem to think if you went back in time and showed Jerry West a modern crossover, he would be physically incapable of doing it.

Just when you think this franchise can't do something else that makes you accept that it is being run like the third shift at Waffle House. You have no idea who's in charge and can't get your order in.

Aren't all workouts at the highest level of basketball competitive? What differentiates a competitive workout from any other workout? But this is the same franchise, that wanted to play cherry-picking 5 on 4 basketball, let a lucky fan make key decisions on a draft pick, let a fan announce Bron's name during the pregame introduction in their building and light a beam after victories.

when does steph come out with this statement
Michael Jordan quote: Republicans buy sneakers, too.

he’s not the only one begging for an nba job. John Wall out here begging, cousins , Dwight but IT just leaned into it as a meme . :lol:

Just when you think this franchise can't do something else that makes you accept that it is being run like the third shift at Waffle House. You have no idea who's in charge and can't get your order in.

Aren't all workouts at the highest level of basketball competitive? What differentiates a competitive workout from any other workout? But this is the same franchise, that wanted to play cherry-picking 5 on 4 basketball, let a lucky fan make key decisions on a draft pick, let a fan announce Bron's name during the pregame introduction in their building and light a beam after victories.

Everytime I see you post you hating on the Kings, :lol: It's not that deep

Go do something productive with your thoughts

How many of those 83 games were meaningful? I dont think IT’s dream is just benchwarming every team in the league. I aint tellin him not to chase his dreams, im just saying be realistic. :lol:
Who are you to determine what’s meaningful to someone? Whats so unrealistic about what he’s doing when he got a 10 day contract just last season?

I actually remember Wizards MJ. His comeback was a big deal in NC. He was nowhere near his Chicago days. Bro missed that wide open dunk in the 02 all star game and 7 year old me was shocked. Felt like I was lied to my whole life lmaoo

90s nba players used to be lean and muscular af.

Its definitely a difference in the type training players do now compared to then

1724168573882.png

1724168528347.png

Dudes built like Harden, Jokic, Zion, Luka now. Yeah they're successful but for me growing seeing athletes take it more serious it's funny hearing "so-and-so is getting in shape this year!".

Like ain't that what you supposed to do from day 1. Bron is the last one that put in work like that and have a discipline.

Do people actually watch these entire podcasts or do they watch it the same way people mostly read headlines, just catching clips on X and what not?

I couldn't fathom listening to 2-3 hours of this.
usually watching something else on the tv and the Al G Rhythm guesses and puts a player pod on next. One time it was like Gil and B Jennings and Kenyon Martin then a Rasheed Wallace and Bonzi Wells one came on. I just kicked the tv of the stand into my trash pile since I was already cleaning

old heads have theeee dumbest opinions

Its definitely a difference in the type training players do now compared to then

1724168573882.png

1724168528347.png

Dudes built like Harden, Jokic, Zion, Luka now. Yeah they're successful but for me growing seeing athletes take it more serious it's funny hearing "so-and-so is getting in shape this year!".

Like ain't that what you supposed to do from day 1. Bron is the last one that put in work like that and have a discipline.
this is why Andre Miller having such a long career and being an all time iron man is hilarious. He took pride in never touching a basketball and only eating fried chicken (literally his words) during the offseason. Was always lookong 20ish % bodyfat. TBF, probably couldnt play in this current era with the lack of size, athleticism, length, d, and shooting. Ditto Eric Snow although at least he could d up some

1724168573882.png

1724168528347.png

So guys took their fitness more seriously back in the old days?

:lol:

Do people actually watch these entire podcasts or do they watch it the same way people mostly read headlines, just catching clips on X and what not?

I couldn't fathom listening to 2-3 hours of this.

Every podcast isn't some old bitter players making wild claims. Hell even within the same podcast that wild claims are made sound basketball discussions take place. Sheed and Bonzi trips down memory lane are cool.

Also, Every podcast also comes in audio form so you can have it on while doing other things.

We have to stop this grouping of podcasts as being overall poor content after bad takes are posted in social media.

There Are so many quality athlete podcasts/episodes out there.

Zion, Luka, and Jokic are fat as hell. and I love those guys. Giannis is tall and long but is not a elite leaper. Curry cant jump over a curb. Tatums vertical is piss poor. But I give him and Jaylen credit. They are actually conditioned like a NBA star is supposed to be. Which is why they can play heavy minutes and defense.

Screen_Shot_2014-03-24_at_9.38.27_PM.png

QRrSX-vfaQSHE9H075hWTwKZZzEiu1UOy8qZW__egwJL33yPuQPI9WldlmUms9tvV-ZdmI4AiHhHBL3Yrhbrh2aMjEprryLZnj5eWElVvj560EnX-LHyjAldbJXyPA94hGbled_0f3U3lt0kBg

FYSif5lXwAEis_D

Come on dog. That's one dribble :lol:

Nah. It mattered. I'm not saying he never got doubled or faced hard defenses, but let's not act like this didn't happen because it's MJ. Shaq stopped that and the game has completely changed since.
handful of questionable clips doesn’t belie the overall point.

Paxton & then Kerr’s entire Chicago careers were made off of punishing MJ’s help.

Modern day guys get ample 1-on-1 opportunities also so the argument just falls flat anyway you slice it.

Back
Top Bottom