The Official NBA Season Thread: Schedules Released

Ant is 23 man. I'm not listening to him about the NBA before 2015. :lol:

While true, the issue is there is a culture within the basketball community where constant generation disrespect takes place.

It happens in both directions but it's really sad.

Are NFL/MLB/NHL fans as disrespectful to their past?

NBA has also always been amazing about hiding fat players' real weights. Jarred Sullinger, Chuck Hayes,Sean May, Glenn Davis, and Jarred Sullinger to name a few all played over 300 at some point and were always listed like 240-260. Yes people hold weight different and muscle weighs more than fat, but as a fellow (former) muscle bound but still athletic fatty, I could post what I look like at similar body fat %s and like 9 inches shorter and was damn near that weight. edit I guess my most recent googles has Big Baby at 289. Its not important though

While true, the issue is there is a culture within the basketball community where constant generation disrespect takes place.

nfl and nhl yes, due to rule changes and players being protected way more

mlb, id say the new generation has it harder due to steroid/banned substance enforcement

Who are you to determine what’s meaningful to someone? Whats so unrealistic about what he’s doing when he got a 10 day contract just last season?

You just said he played how many games the last 4 seasons. Again, how many of those were non garbage time games? And a 10 day contract on the Suns for how many meaningful minutes again? None, 0.

IT aint some dude tryna get 10 days to put food on the table, hes trying to prove something which is probably pride from his prime days that seemingly got robbed from him. Hes delulu to think hes gonna have that type of comeback.

nfl and nhl yes, due to rule changes and players being protected way more

mlb, id say the new generation has it harder due to steroid/banned substance enforcement
So with the NFL, modern players are more so questioned from what I see.

What do modern fans/players say negatively about past NFL generations?

You just said he played how many games the last 4 seasons. Again, how many of those were non garbage time games? And a 10 day contract on the Suns for how many meaningful minutes again? None, 0.

IT aint some dude tryna get 10 days to put food on the table, hes trying to prove something which is probably pride from his prime days that seemingly got robbed from him. Hes delulu to think hes gonna have that type of comeback.
Again you’re not the one to determine what’s a meaningful game to him. Man lost all his juice due to injury, lost his sister. Garbage time minutes mean something to him. 8 minutes of being a piece of what he was means something to him. Let him cook.

“Deserves to be in the league” is one of my most hated sayings of the past decade.

Every iso scorer who is 40 “deserves to be in the league” according to the internet.

There are many people who still think Jamal Crawford, JR Smith, it2, Joe Johnson etc “deserve” to be playing minutes on an NBA basketball court in 2024-2025

Insanity

Also, as an extension of that we have started to rewrite history by claiming Lou Williams and Jamal Crawford should be hall of famers. Been hearing that more and more as of late, he'll damn Sam Cassell said it on the Knucklheads Podcast.

Again, I love Jamal Crawford but just stop man.

You don't believe what you are typing.

Seattle Sports HOF, sure.

Nothing further.

Past NFL don't get disrespected. If anything they get highlighted more. Dan Marino was putting up today's #'s in the 80's when QB's could get they block knocked off. QB's like Randall Cunningham are a bit more celebrated cuz they were ahead of their time as dual threats.

A lot of basketball fans now are smart dumb. They can run off all these numbers but can't really talk the actual game. Dudes that say all big men before this current era just sat in the paint dunking. Them dudes. Dudes that say guards before this era couldn't shoot or move w/o the ball.

If I have a love and respect for a sport I'ma do my research and appreciate all era's of it and it's funny cuz all the info is right there on our phones. I had to buy a NBA encyclopedia back in the day to do my research.

When I started seeing these wild takes like

____ > ____

because "this is the modern era, so much more advanced". I knew it was a different type of fan.

Quarterbacks…Dudes like Aikman n Terry Bradshaw not seen as that great cuz the numbers are light compared to now and “they got carried by great teams/running games”

Basically the thought is offenses were basic in the past but the game was alot more physical…Really what folks say bout basketball too :lol:

Absolutely not :lol:

The past is venerated and celebrated in other sports.

The old heads don't necessarily all talk down on the new eras every chance they get either

Quarterbacks…Dudes like Aikman n Terry Bradshaw not seen as that great cuz the numbers are light compared to now and “they got carried by great teams/running games”

Basically the thought is offenses were basic in the past but the game was alot more physical…Really what folks say bout basketball too :lol:
Dudes never say Joe Montana was playing against plumbers though

Dudes never say Joe Montana was playing against plumbers though
But I have seen takes talking bout he only won cuz everybody else did all the work (Rice, the defense, etc)…The competition in football is rarely questioned but the style of play definitely is

Brady was just crying about how the game is “dumbed down” now cuz rookie QB’s get to start :lol: …Every sport has their own things going on between the generations

Last edited:

I don't never see NFL fans saying offenses was basic back then. The Bills offense with Jim Kelly, Thurman and Andre Reed is what we see today. The 9ers offense with Joe is all through the league.

But I have seen takes talking bout he only won cuz everybody else did all the work (Rice, the defense, etc)…The competition in football is rarely questioned by the style of play definitely is

Brady was just crying about how the game is “dumbed down” now cuz rookie QB’s get to start :lol: …Every sport has their own things going on between the generations

Yeah Brady be talking crazy about officiating now when he's the one of main reasons the league is "softer".

It's still way worse with NBA fans. It's youtube pages and IG's dedicated to **** on the 90's-00's.

I don't never see NFL fans saying offenses was basic back then. The Bills offense with Jim Kelly, Thurman and Andre Reed is what we see today. The 9ers offense with Joe is all through the league.
You must be talking bout The west coast offense, a lot of game plans have elements of it but not that many teams actually run the whole version…It hasn’t been poppin for a lil min now, most squads run a spread with mixed concepts or zone block with play action

Forgot I was in the NBA thread for a sec :lol:

How old do you have to be to be able to talk about the 80’s? Cuz I see a lot of takes in here that I find interesting 🤔

I love me some Ant but we have:

Jaylen Brown who can’t go left (just like Clyde Drexler),

Ben Simmons literally can’t shoot… Gobert is a giraffe on ice…

PJ Tucker :lol: :lol: :lol:

Giannis’ brother :rofl: :rofl:

Tons of modern players with absolutely no skills :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom