The Official NBA Season Thread: Schedules Released

Screenshot_20240820_111356_Facebook.jpg

What you think?

You yourself have said multiple times that Zion don't need to lose weight because he been playing heavy his whole life. :lol:
I’m old enough to remember Stanley Roberts and Oliver miller. Mark jackson played badly built and gained weight throughout his career. Shawn kemp went from high flying and dunking backwards to a stretch 4 without getting hurt

No old head energy. Husky boys been hooping at a high level for years.

I’m old enough to remember Stanley Roberts and Oliver miller. Mark jackson played badly built and gained weight throughout his career. Shawn kemp went from high flying and dunking backwards to a stretch 4 without getting hurt

Shawn Kemp fell off when he started gaining all that weight. Chuck hit another level when he took his weight serious.

Hooping at a high level and reaching your peak is 2 different things.

Shawn Kemp fell off when he started gaining all that weight. Chuck hit another level when he took his weight serious.

Hooping at a high level and reaching your peak is 2 different things.
Obviously you need to be in peak shape. It takes a level of sacrifice but to say guys care less now than before is conjecture

None of those dudes were close to top 10 players. Kemp yeah but only in his prime. These dudes I named are literally top of the league. All the guys that are jumping out the gym are in the G league tbh

NBA and pro sports in general are a privilege, not a birthright. I was saying the same thing about Carmelo when he went on a begging tour like 3 summers ago. Same for John Wall. This pro sports things is a short lived career. My pops played 5 seasons in the NFL, and when they were done with him they were done. He was 31, best shape of his life, but unless your a top 1% player they tell you when your done, not the other way around.

“Deserves to be in the league” is one of my most hated sayings of the past decade.

Every iso scorer who is 40 “deserves to be in the league” according to the internet.

There are many people who still think Jamal Crawford, JR Smith, it2, Joe Johnson etc “deserve” to be playing minutes on an NBA basketball court in 2024-2025

Insanity

“Deserves to be in the league” is one of my most hated sayings of the past decade.

Every iso scorer who is 40 “deserves to be in the league” according to the internet.

There are many people who still think Jamal Crawford, JR Smith, it2, Joe Johnson etc “deserve” to be playing minutes on an NBA basketball court in 2024-2025

Insanity

everyone says this about iso scorers because that's who other NBA players respect the most. so people just parrot that.
it's the bizzaro rudy gobert. NBA players don't respect big guys who are in the league because of physical tools.

nba height peaked in the 90's, weight peaked in the 2010's.

1724171622541.png

i question the accuracy of 90's weight numbers tho, did they even update them?
I def can see the weight peaking in the 2010's. Wade/Bron/Kobe was jacked like football players. And the Westbrooks and the Roses followed suit. The league just seems super skinny these days but way more skilled. A lot of guys got deeper "bags" and can shoot.

everyone says this about iso scorers because that's who other NBA players respect the most. so people just parrot that.
it's the bizzaro rudy gobert. NBA players don't respect big guys who are in the league because of physical tools.

A tale old as time. “Big for nothing” has been a saying since grade school.

Especially post the big man era, when it was straight up uncool to be a big :lol:. It’s why KG didn’t wanna be 7ft & KD claiming he 6’9 :lol:

Watching dudes get buckets is just a past time that ball players love. Regardless of how old (and delusional) they are. The one thing everybody can relate to. The ball going in the net in aesthetic fashion

Ant is 23 man. I'm not listening to him about the NBA before 2015. :lol:

While true, the issue is there is a culture within the basketball community where constant generation disrespect takes place.

It happens in both directions but it's really sad.

Are NFL/MLB/NHL fans as disrespectful to their past?

Back
Top Bottom