The Official NBA Season Thread: Schedules Released

Every podcast isn't some old bitter players making wild claims. Hell even within the same podcast that wild claims are made sound basketball discussions take place. Sheed and Bonzi trips down memory lane are cool.

Also, Every podcast also comes in audio form so you can have it on while doing other things.

We have to stop this grouping of podcasts as being overall poor content after bad takes are posted in social media.

There Are so many quality athlete podcasts/episodes out there.

People recommend them to me everyday. It has to be a super specific topic or guest for me to tune in.

I think the only one I've watched the entirety of where there was no specific agenda was Bad Friends. But that was only a little over an hour.

Also, as an extension of that we have started to rewrite history by claiming Lou Williams and Jamal Crawford should be hall of famers. Been hearing that more and more as of late, he'll damn Sam Cassell said it on the Knucklheads Podcast.

Again, I love Jamal Crawford but just stop man.

You don't believe what you are typing.

Seattle Sports HOF, sure.

Nothing further.

Love J-Crossover but dude literally has NO defensive highlights whatsoever.

Ginobili has a 6+ minute defensive highlight reel alone.

Jamal was to athletic to be such a terrible defender

While true, the issue is there is a culture within the basketball community where constant generation disrespect takes place.

It happens in both directions but it's really sad.

Are NFL/MLB/NHL fans as disrespectful to their past?

NFL fans get context.. like DBs and LBs were able to take dudes heads off over the middle or on deep passes

But a guy like Reggie white would be a whole other level in the league today because you’d use him at basically any spot along the line.. or a guy like rod woodson is the perfect DB prospect for today’s league with his size and speed and versatility (people forget he was the safety on the 2000 ravens)

But also gotta think what WRs from back in the day would have been like in the current rules and also with the bigger emphasis on the passing game

But it’s the same thing with jordan and not having hand checking.. but it seems certain folks are overly invested in removing logic

Last edited:
Again you’re not the one to determine what’s a meaningful game to him. Man lost all his juice due to injury, lost his sister. Garbage time minutes mean something to him. 8 minutes of being a piece of what he was means something to him. Let him cook.

????

So I cant determine whats a meaningful game to him yet youre literally determining whats a meaningful game to him?

NFL fans get context.. like DBs and LBs were able to take dudes heads off over the middle or on deep passes

But a guy like Reggie white would be a whole other level in the league today because you’d use him at basically any spot along the line.. or a guy like rod woodson is the perfect DB prospect for today’s league with his size and speed and versatility (people forget he was the safety on the 2000 ravens)

But also gotta think what WRs from back of the day would have been like in the current rules and also with the bigger emphasis on the passing game

But it’s the same thing with jordan and not having hand checking.. but it seems certain folks are overly invested in removing logic

In the past, 4,000 and 5,000 passing yard seasons were rare as hell in the NFL. It’s a common occurrence now

You’ve got mediocre QBs throwing for 4,000. Jameis Winston had a 5,000 yard passing season:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just like the NBA, modern day NFL is geared towards offense.

That’s why you can’t compare eras. BUT, certain players transcend eras. That’s all we be trying to say.

Deion, Jordan, Wilt, Magic, LeBron, etc they are TRANSCENDENT talents, they could play in any era.

We aren’t talking about dudes like Mark Madsen or Dahntay Jones

I always tell people, NFL passing numbers have gone up tremendously… but interception numbers have gone down. That right there tells you how much rules have changed.

QBs were throwing 20,30 and 40+ interceptions back in the day

I love me some Ant but we have:

Jaylen Brown who can’t go left (just like Clyde Drexler),

Ben Simmons literally can’t shoot… Gobert is a giraffe on ice…

PJ Tucker :lol: :lol: :lol:

Giannis’ brother :rofl: :rofl:

Tons of modern players with absolutely no skills :lol: :lol:

- Brown is All-NBA & Finals MVP
- Simmons was All-NBA & All-Defense before the injuries
- Gobert is All-Defense & 4x DPOY
- Tucker is going on his 14th NBA season; career 36% 3PT shooter with above average defense

Got nothing for Thanasis :lol:

- Brown is All-NBA & Finals MVP
- Simmons was All-NBA & All-Defense before the injuries
- Gobert is All-Defense & 4x DPOY
- Tucker is going on his 14th NBA season; career 36% 3PT shooter with above average defense

Got nothing for Thanasis :lol:

You made my point. All these guys have skillsets that are on-par with guys from the Jordan era. Late 70s, 80s, 90s…

Ant just trying to stir up stuff

Gobert would be a bench player in that era. He’s not highly skilled. Ben Simmons’ skills were always vastly overrated.

PJ Tucker had to go overseas for 5+ years after he left U of Texas.

Jaylen is the most supreme talent out the bunch and he still has deficiencies

Ant is right and yall know it.

Name the best players from Jordans era. Jordan was a modern player in a dinosaur league. Put MJ in today's NBA he's Demar Derozan.

Also, as an extension of that we have started to rewrite history by claiming Lou Williams and Jamal Crawford should be hall of famers. Been hearing that more and more as of late, he'll damn Sam Cassell said it on the Knucklheads Podcast.

Again, I love Jamal Crawford but just stop man.

You don't believe what you are typing.

Seattle Sports HOF, sure.

Nothing further.

Jalen trying to work his way into there too…I see the fab 5, MIP angle + contributions to basketball & podcasting (which he’s EARLY on):lol:

Ant is right and yall know it.

Name the best players from Jordans era. Jordan was a modern player in a dinosaur league. Put MJ in today's NBA he's Demar Derozan.
I was with you...then you took it too far lol. Don't compare slow footed *** Demar to the black cat lol

Gobert woulda been fine in the 80’s - early 00’s …Look up some of the dudes that started and got contracts back then like Adonal Foyle, Dampier and Ostertag :lol:
and telling a defensive 7 footer they don't have to defend in space and on the perimeter as much would probably be net positive is my guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back
Top Bottom