The Official NBA Season Thread: Schedules Released

I don’t hear anyone from this generation saying they modeled their game after Steve Nash :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

None of these guys ever acknowledge Nash
The amount of probing Nash did, especially across the baseline, is definitely a skill that is widely used with ball-handlers of the modern era.

Now whether or not the players are aware Nash is the reason for it doesn't make him not the reason for it.

So I would say that is at least one thing Nash has inspired others to do.

If only Kwame didn't have hands like a toddler, Nash would be rightfully excoriated for the overrated player he really was.

The amount of probing Nash did, especially across the baseline, is definitely a skill that is widely used with ball-handlers of the modern era.

Now whether or not the players are aware Nash is the reason for it doesn't make him not the reason for it.

So I would say that is at least one thing Nash has inspired others to do.

You guys are blinded by the fact that D’Antoni ran that uptempo, 3s over 2s offense.

Strip allllll that away Nash is still slightly above average.

Tons of PGs average 15 and 10

I won’t even mention how he rode the bench his first 4 seasons.

He was an excellent shooter.

Again, dude averaged 14-8…..

Meanwhile J-Kidd averaged 12-8 and Nash was soooooooo much better

J-Kidd was the one he was traded for the first time. Nash then goes back to PHX, and Kidd wins with Dirk

They played small ball but still had a number of 6’10”+ guys. They had Shaq and Shawn Marks. Even though off the bench.

This notion that PHX only had guys 6’8” and under is false. They had a number of bench players in the 6’10”, 6’11” range

You realize you are proving my point? It's easy to hide a PG. They are not critical to having a good defense.

Suns managed to have competent defense with Nash, because fundamentally they aren't that critical. you can have nash, and shawn marion, and Q rich and have a solid defense.

Destroyed. Every time.

You're just cherry picking. the other spurs two playoff series Tony Parker, .490 TS% he didn't score efficiently at all so it's literally not "everytime"

IMG_3748.jpeg

You guys are blinded by the fact that D’Antoni ran that uptempo, 3s over 2s offense.

Strip allllll that away Nash is still slightly above average.

Tons of PGs average 15 and 10

I won’t even mention how he rode the bench his first 4 seasons.

He was an excellent shooter.

Again, dude averaged 14-8…..

Meanwhile J-Kidd averaged 12-8 and Nash was soooooooo much better

J-Kidd was the one he was traded for the first time. Nash then goes back to PHX, and Kidd wins with Dirk

J Kidd's teams produced offenses ranked in the 20's.

Nash's teams produced THE MOST EFFICIENT OFFENSE IN THE HISOTRY OF BASKETBALL for like 4 years straight,

If it really is so easy, and all you need is 15 and 10, you need to explain the insane offensive performance of the suns. regardless of the cast, teammates with Amare, no Amare.

Why did it produce historic offensive results?

In general I’ve never seen this much hate for a team that has won a championship. It’s like people couldn’t even process that they were gonna win
‘20 Lakers. Enough said.

Going a little further back you have the ‘15 warriors. Love/Kyrie got hurt, Warriors were discredited at the time. Discredited even louder after losing the next year.

Nash's teams produced THE MOST EFFICIENT OFFENSE IN THE HISOTRY OF BASKETBALL for like 4 years straight,

If it really is so easy, and all you need is 15 and 10, you need to explain the insane offensive performance of the suns. regardless of the cast, teammates with Amare, no Amare.

PHX was the ONLY team shooting volume 3s. That’s why

Look at them compared to the modern NBA now

They’ve always got credit for doing it first

Hes going to say it was all Dantoni but those Knicks teams had a top 10 offense once in his tenure there.

PHX was the ONLY team shooting volume 3s. That’s why

Look at them compared to the modern NBA now

They’ve always got credit for doing it first

PHX shot the most 3s but not by much.

GSW, Houston Rockets, Lakers, Spurs, Wizards, Nets were all shooting around 20 3s a game.

Suns were at 24-25 in Nash's mvp year

the sun's weren't shooting orders of magnitude more 3s. Other teams were close to them in attempt volume and none of those other teams had the sun's level of efficiency.

Back
Top Bottom