The Official NBA Season Thread: Schedules Released

Jayson Tatum is the first player to lose aura post championship. Bro is a meme

A meme who just signed the richest deal in NBA history and had a baby with Ella Mai after winning a championship and gold medal. At 26. I'd take it.

People do tend to cling to the negative to make themselves feel better though.

The funny part is he really didn't even say or do anything. It was the people around him. Fans, talking heads, etc. The pitchforks must've been primed because they went right at him.

I don't even think the hardcore Celtics fans in here agree with this. :lol:

Any Kobe or LeBron team. I'll even throw in the Warriors with KD. This Celtics team ain't seen no real hate.
I should’ve rephrased that as in recent times. Didn’t mean all time hate. Then again, the best player on a team underperforming in the Finals and still winning the championship doesn’t happen very often. So for some it’s hard to give credit

• Haha
Reactions: MVP
These dudes can’t be serious

1724260097970.png

I should’ve rephrased that as in recent times. Didn’t mean all time hate. Then again, the best player on a team underperforming in the Finals and still winning the championship doesn’t happen very often. So for some it’s hard to give credit

Whats recent times? the last 4 years? :lol:

Go read comments on social media I'm sure you'll stumble upon a few to a few thousand people irrationally hating and minimizing dubs. It's not a big secret.
You have victim mentality.

It’s like when y’all were trying to make yourselves underdogs.

He led the team in points, rebounds, and assists while defending 5 positions, but he shot poorly, so now he sucks and doesn’t have “aura” :lol:

Whats recent times? the last 4 years? :lol:
Let’s say 10 years. Aside from the Lakers bubble ring, it’s very fair to say. The only team that didn’t get love was the KD Warriors and that was moreso directed at Durant than the team.

Most of the media picked the Mavericks to win the Finals and a lot of people in this thread too. And we didn’t have discussions of non basketball metrics like “negative aura” back then. People did not want the Celtics to win at all. It wasn’t even bad when they were in the 2022 Finals

• Haha
Reactions: MVP
A meme who just signed the richest deal in NBA history and had a baby with Ella Mai after winning a championship and gold medal. At 26. I'd take it.

People do tend to cling to the negative to make themselves feel better though.

The funny part is he really didn't even say or do anything. It was the people around him. Fans, talking heads, etc. The pitchforks must've been primed because they went right at him.

Yea, the people all around him were the ones cosplaying and being corny with the celebrations.

It was others fault he didn't win conference finals or finals MVP with his performance. Or others fault that we all saw how visibly upset he was with the whole Olympic shenanigans.

He was just a victim of unfair treatment. 🙄

Try not being a cornball and just looking inauthentic and awkward and ya...maybe you won't get the masses clowning you in your biggest moments in life.

Let’s say 10 years. Aside from the Lakers bubble ring, it’s very fair to say. The only team that didn’t get love was the KD Warriors and that was moreso directed at Durant than the team.

Most of the media picked the Mavericks to win the Finals and a lot of people in this thread too. And we didn’t have discussions of non basketball metrics like “negative aura” back then. People did not want the Celtics to win at all. It wasn’t even bad when they were in the 2022 Finals

Warriors with KD in that 10 years bruh

J kidd and glove were good offensive players but their best skill is defense.

Oscar, Magic, Nash, Steph, are easily the 4 greatest offensive PG's of all time, and there's a sizable gap after them (assuming Jerry is an SG)

Nash NEVER scored over 20 a season, you don’t even know basketball if you left Isaiah Thomas out as one of the best scoring PGs. Chris Paul also.

Steve Nash don’t belong in the same conversation as Magic or Oscar :lol: :lol:

Gary Payton scored 20+ points 5+ times in his career

imo because prime Steph Curry came up pretty soon after Nash
the scale of Nash's offensive impact has been kinda forgotten,

he was the PG of like 6 of the 10 greatest offensives relative to league average of all time when he retired.

2016 GSW +8.1
2010 PHO +7.7
2007 PHO +7.4
2005 PHO +8.4
2004 DAL +9.2

2004 SAC +7.4
2003 DAL +7.1
2002 DAl +7.7

1998 UTA +7.7
1997 CHI +7.7
1996 CHI +7.6
1992 CHI +7.3
1988 BOS +7.4
1987 LAL +7.3
1982 DEN +7.4

I think people look back and think oh Kidd or like a Payton were somewhat close to Nash offensively.
it's not close at all. totally different scale of impact.

What about his DEFENSE:lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom