The Official NBA Season Thread: Schedules Released

He could put up better offensive numbers, sure, but as I said, he handicapped his teams because it's impossible to have a top 5 defense with someone so weak at the point-of-attack. And you're not winning a ring with a defense outside of the top 10, and most likely outside of the top 5.

My point is when Kidd aged he had way more value as a role player because he could guard wings. Nash's value craters if the ball isn't in his hands. Kidd's last year on the Knicks, he was still our most important player at times because of his combination of defense, passing and shooting while once Nash lost some off the bounce juice, he was a huge liability in those Laker years.

People can prefer Nash, there is no right answer here, but I value defense way more than most people here which so Nash is kind of a hard sell for me because I find it hard to construct a championship roster that covered for his inefficiencies.

NBA should do this.

Why should the best player in the upcoming draft have to go to play in Detroit if he wants to be in LA?
It’s an honor to restore hope to predominantly black city that’s had success in the past.

And everyone #1 pick doesn’t deserve the choice to pick their location. You think Sarr or Rissacher should be dictating where they want to play? Nah slick go get your weight up

He could put up better offensive numbers, sure, but as I said, he handicapped his teams because it's impossible to have a top 5 defense with someone so weak at the point-of-attack. And you're not winning a ring with a defense outside of the top 10, and most likely outside of the top 5.

My point is when Kidd aged he had way more value as a role player because he could guard wings. Nash's value craters if the ball isn't in his hands. Kidd's last year on the Knicks, he was still our most important player at times because of his combination of defense, passing and shooting while once Nash lost some off the bounce juice, he was a huge liability in those Laker years.

People can prefer Nash, there is no right answer here, but I value defense way more than most people here which so Nash is kind of a hard sell for me because I find it hard to construct a championship roster that covered for his inefficiencies.

1. you are just totally exaggerating. Nash was fine. he's not Trae Young.

he was smart, he was in the right places, and took charges. You can easily hide that.

We have recent of championship teams with good defenses doing this.

Jamal Murray
Steph Curry
Kyrie Irving

2. we are talking about all time great rankings, who cares what they did as late career ring chasers? Yah of course Kidd is a better role player, but like who cares. this isn't role player rankings.

he was smart, he was in the right places, and took charges. You can easily hide that.

Jamal Murray
Steph Curry
Kyrie Irving

2. we are talking about all time great rankings, who cares what they did as late career ring chasers? Yah of course Kidd is a better role player, but like who cares. this isn't role player rankings.

Nash IS Trae Young…

You keep talking about him taking charges… that’s the only defensive skillset he had :lol: :lol:

There was no hiding dude. Couldn’t move his feet, couldn’t intercept passing lanes.

Dude gives you absolutely nothing defensively.

Again, John Stockton had 3200 steals

Kyrie has played 400 less games and has more steals than Nash. Dude averaged 0.7 steals pg.

Even average PGs were averaging 1.5 steals per game

Nash did nothing defensively. You’ve made the point of him taking charges two times already.

Even Steph has 1400 steals compared to Nash’s 900. Kyrie, Steph and Jamal are all better defenders than Steve ever was. And their still average.

This man Nash was way below average. Steals aren’t the end all, be all but damn, at least deflect a few passes or get a steal every once in a while

Im over the Kidd vs Nash thing. All ima say is this. In todays game your taking a Nash type point guard over a big physical point guard that cant shoot a lick. Give me Trae over Lonzo. But I have no beef with Kidd. He was the truth

Im over the Kidd vs Nash thing. All ima say is this. In todays game your taking a Nash type point guard over a big physical point guard that cant shoot a lick. Give me Trae over Lonzo. But I have no beef with Kidd. He was the truth

Again, ya’ll just be talking to talk. Luka has the same exact shooting percentages as J-Kidd

Lies. Jrue Holiday has two rings and has been consistent for over a decade since his Philly days

Ben Simmons literally was the first overall pick with no jumper

Luka is equal a shooter to J-Kidd…

John Wall

Marcus Smart also went top 10

Scoot Henderson just went top 5 and can’t shoot

Russell Westbrook

Ja Morant ain’t a shooter either

Steph is an anomaly

J-Kidd type PGs are still being drafted in the top 5

Last edited:

This seems like a conversation between longevity vs highest peak. Kidd was able to transform his game as he aged while Nash, at his peak, literally changed the way the game was played.

Again, ya’ll just be talking to talk. Luka has the same exact shooting percentages as J-Kidd

Lies. Jrue Holiday has two rings and has been consistent for over a decade since his Philly days

Ben Simmons literally was the first overall pick with no jumper

Luka is equal a shooter to J-Kidd…

John Wall

Marcus Smart also went top 10

Scoot Henderson just went top 5 and can’t shoot

Russell Westbrook

Ja Morant ain’t a shooter either

Steph is an anomaly

J-Kidd type PGs are still being drafted in the top 5
Im happy you brought up Scoot cuz I was gonna bring him up. He was drafted too high. John Wall is out the league at what 32 years old? Westbrook is buns. Morant can shoot the three and he's a freak athlete. If you are a point guard that cant shoot in todays NBA, good luck. Gonna end up like DSJ. Kidd was a elite distributor however. Like Lonzo

Jamal Murray
Steph Curry
Kyrie Irving

2. we are talking about all time great rankings, who cares what they did as late career ring chasers? Yah of course Kidd is a better role player, but like who cares. this isn't role player rankings.\

It matters cause every year of his career, Kidd was a winning player cause he was one of the more versatile players of all-time and could pretty much do anything asked of him.

Also, your bias is showing cause Nash was a sieve who was significantly worse defensively than all those guys you just listed. Steph is a good team defender, Kyrie is a good man-to-man defender, Jamal Murry I'm not addressing lol.

Kidd has 9x all-defensive teams while being one of the premier passing guards of all-time. Nash was the better offensive player but didn't shoot enough to make that difference worthwhile.

If you want to take it to advanced stats Kidd is ahead in win-shared and VORP all-time. In-fact Kidd is top 20 in VORP all-time. I'd even say Kidd is wildly underrate today by people cause he wasn't an off the dribble maven that looks amazing in the era of "the bag".

Back
Top Bottom