The Official NBA Season Thread: Schedules Released

Oh, I was confused because you just said Nash wasn't a better shooter than Ray Allen, Reggie Miller, or Larry Bird even though he has a higher 3pt% than all of them.

I said he was never considered the greatest around those times. It was always Reggie, Larry or Ray. Steve Kerr, Mark Price and Dale Curry also have higher 3pt percentages than them as well…

Reactions: HIM
Luka & JKidd are not the same,there’s a thing called volume and actual scoring ability.

IMG_8333.gif

Yall gotta stop having basketball convos w/ finessence finessence

Luka & JKidd are not the same,there’s a thing called volume and actual scoring ability.

IMG_8333.gif

Yall gotta stop having basketball convos w/ finessence finessence

They’re not equal shooters? I just showed y’all the damn statistics:lol: :lol: :lol:

We ain’t talking volume. They’re equal as shooters.

Show me where I said they are the same player? I said J-Kidd and Luka shoot at the exact same percentages. Y’all dudes hate the truth :lol: :rofl:

I guess Grayson Allen is a better shooter than Curry :rolleyes

Dudes saying Nash was a better shooter than Ray, Reggie or Larry because of percentages.

FYI Steph is the greatest shooter IMO. You’re the same dude who said teams are looking for Nash skillset but Scoot, John Wall, Ja and Marcus Smart still went top 10 :lol:

Ya’ll boys be in constant denial.

It matters cause every year of his career, Kidd was a winning player cause he was one of the more versatile players of all-time and could pretty much do anything asked of him.

Also, your bias is showing cause Nash was a sieve who was significantly worse defensively than all those guys you just listed. Steph is a good team defender, Kyrie is a good man-to-man defender, Jamal Murry I'm not addressing lol.

Again there is just no evidence that he was significantly worse than those guys.
You're just saying that, but nothing about the team results say that.

The defenses with the Suns were mostly league average despite, being small, and having a horrible defender and terrible rebounder at the most important defensive position.

unless you think Shawn Marion is Bill Russell.

how did the suns manage a league average defenses with the allegedly horrible massive liability steve nash, and a non rim protecting, non rebounding center. Amare or Boris Diaw.

surely that shouldn't have been possible?

Kidd has 9x all-defensive teams while being one of the premier passing guards of all-time. Nash was the better offensive player but didn't shoot enough to make that difference worthwhile.

If you want to take it to advanced stats Kidd is ahead in win-shared and VORP all-time. In-fact Kidd is top 20 in VORP all-time. I'd even say Kidd is wildly underrate today by people cause he wasn't an off the dribble maven that looks amazing in the era of "the bag".

again you just say these things but nothing that happened on the court seems to jive with your version of reality.

If Nash didn't shoot so therefore the difference between nash and kidd isn't that big,

how do you explain the massive staggeringly huge gap in offensive team performance?

Kidd led offensive were generally pretty bad, for most of his career, over multiple teammates and coaches and he only was on good offenses when he became a role player.

like this is all a coincidence, that Nash was constantly the best offence in the league and Kidd was constantly in the bottom 10?

Nash IS Trae Young…

You keep talking about him taking charges… that’s the only defensive skillset he had :lol: :lol:

There was no hiding dude. Couldn’t move his feet, couldn’t intercept passing lanes.

Dude gives you absolutely nothing defensively.

Again, John Stockton had 3200 steals

Kyrie has played 400 less games and has more steals than Nash. Dude averaged 0.7 steals pg.

Even average PGs were averaging 1.5 steals per game

Nash did nothing defensively. You’ve made the point of him taking charges two times already.

Even Steph has 1400 steals compared to Nash’s 900. Kyrie, Steph and Jamal are all better defenders than Steve ever was. And their still average.

This man Nash was way below average. Steals aren’t the end all, be all but damn, at least deflect a few passes or get a steal every once in a while

wow steal totals?
stunning analysis, a staggeringly brilliant retort, who could respond to that.

Defense is largely an eye-test thing and Nash had Enes Kanter level change of direction defensively. He was horrible and the league was playing very slow back then and he got away with it cause no one was smart enough to push the pace yet.

He'd be ruthlessly hunted in today's matchup based game.

Defense is largely an eye-test thing and Nash had Enes Kanter level change of direction defensively. He was horrible and the league was playing very slow back then and he got away with it cause no one was smart enough to push the pace yet.

He'd be ruthlessly hunted in today's matchup based game.

Nahhhhh… they say he can be hidden easily

Back
Top Bottom